We have partnered with a large Chemicals Company in the Collierville, TN area to provide them with a UNIX System Administrator.
Please review the below description and if you are interested please contact:
- Leah Hooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performs installation, configuration and maintenance of the AIX UNIX and Linux operating systems and related software products in a manner consistent with our service level agreements. Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise’s servers and systems which support the various operating units of the enterprise. Ensures performance monitoring and tuning of overall systems. Conduct system analysis and performance monitoring/tuning, Work with limited direction from management, to keep our systems current with changing technologies. Must primarily perform work requiring advanced learning or work that is original and creative. Also, must consistently exercise independent choice and judgment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field from an accredited four-year college or university and five years’ experience in a large-scale systems environment with at least four years UNIX and Linux systems administration. Requires thorough systems knowledge and experience relative to systems administration.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- IBM Power Series, HMC, LPARs
- Virtual Hypervisors
- SAN Storage, Fabrics, Zoning
- Networking (TCP/IP, VLANs)
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks.
- Experience with Oracle database and/or applications a plus.
Join our Talent Network - https://relevante.jobs.net/en-US/join
About Relevante, Inc. – the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=2901.