Related Management has a rare opportunity for a qualified Regional Vice President. The multi-site portfolio is located in Chicago, IL. The Regional Vice President will be responsible for the effective and successful management of the regional portfolio consisting of approximately 3,000 residential units. Responsibilities include setting the strategic direction of the individual properties while leading a team of high level professionals to achieve established operational, financial and business performance goals. The position is both strategic and operational in nature, leading the development of and responsible for the implementation of comprehensive business plans, programs, initiatives, and strategies that promote the achievement of optimum operational, financial, and business performance of the company.
The Regional Vice President is directly responsible for the supervisory oversight and collaboration with two Regional Managers and their associated portfolios with regard to the following functional business areas:
- Assuring adherence to all applicable policies and procedures established by Related Management and/or by administrative agencies, state, local, and federal statute.
- Analysis of detailed operating statements, capital expenditures, NOI and cash flow relative to each site’s operational and financial goals.
- Respond to inquiries from Owners, Asset Managers, and Operations regarding property specific compliance and operational questions/concerns.
- With assistance from site staff, Compliance, Facilities and other RMC departments prepare for MOR Reviews, REAC inspections and other relevant agency audits and inspections.
- Providing exemplary customer service and establishing and maintaining good Resident relations.
- Analysis of staffing needs and participation in the hiring process to facilitate the development of skilled, professional, competent staff at all levels
- Personal participation in the initial and ongoing training of critical staff in key performance areas.
- Coaching and setting expectations for key roles and holding regional managers accountable for same with their staffs.
- Encourages and ensures appropriate regional interface with central office staff.
- Must regularly visit sites and provide documentation in site notes.
- Follow-up appropriately on open issues and escalate resolution when necessary.
- Assures completion of significant repairs and improvements throughout the region
- Consistently assures, for all sites in region, curb appeal, site ground work, preventative/scheduled maintenance program, repairs projects, purchases and materials/ supplies, good vendor relations, appropriate site custodial work, cycle painting, site extermination, apartment renovations/turns, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive related experience
- Knowledge of, HUD 4350.3, LIHTC, EIV, Reasonable Accommodation Requests, Fair Housing, Real Estate Licensing, Special Claims Processing
- “Player-Coach” mentality
- Effective communication skills; ability to interface effectively and professionally with executives, owners, asset managers, agency representatives, department staff.
- Strong Computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team of professionals
- High level presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating and managing budgets and reporting to investors
- Demonstrated success in leadership, staff development and team building.
- Must be willing to work various schedules.
- Must be accessible to respond to off-hours emergency situations.
- Moderate travel on a regional basis
#CB #CB2 #GLMS5 #APMS5
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.