- Expired: April 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operation.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential.
- Performance of work requires advanced knowledge, defined as work which is predominantly intellectual in character and which includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment
- Extensive communication and contact with internal and external customers and laboratories regarding testing, customer question, and/or feedback.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Manage outsourced testing to insure samples are routed appropriately and results are returned.
- Work with Reliability Services to develop a commercial client sampling program to include both onsite and remote sampling options (Kits).
- Assists with management of the oil analysis program.
- Data Entry
- Sorts, logs, and racks samples
- Assists with running appropriate tests and interpretation of data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Industry certifications, such as OMA, CLS, MLA, etc. preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation preferred.
- Understanding of testing procedures and results.
- Understanding of lubrication fundamentals and metallurgy.
- Prior Lubrication Analysis experience preferred.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Be willing to work in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to petroleum products, fumes, odors, mists and dusts.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Computer literate.
- Basic mathematics skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, managers, supervisors, and customers.
- Good management, organizational skills are required.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment with remote supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Lift or move up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science or learning; preferably 4 year Chemistry, Chemist, or Chemical Engineer degree.
- Advanced knowledge customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction.
- Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment. Strong knowledge of analytical laboratory equipment; general PC use; and light industrial equipment and non-power hand tools.
- Assists quarterly with the measurement of the number of customers that have chosen to send their oil analysis to RelaDyne lab.
- Assists quarterly with the measurement of the number of oil samples processed and returned to the customer.
- Consulting /Analysis that translates to Reliability Services: filtration, flushing, and/or purification.
- Turn-around time for oil sample processing from receipt to return to the customer (Industry typical 2 weeks), measured quarterly.
- Assists with the development of additional analytics which provide additional revenue opportunities.
- Cost reduction and margin improvement by in-house processing of samples as opposed to third party paid by the branch.
- Some exposure to potentially hazardous substances and tools as usually found in a chemistry lab environment (organic chemicals, inorganic chemicals, oxidizers, acids, bases, hot plates, vacuum pumps, compressed gasses, etc.), and machinery (lifts, tools, etc.) and materials as usually found in a light industrial environment.
HealthcareView all jobs at RelaDyne