Apprentice Technician - Biddeford, ME
- Expired: August 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reliability Services is looking for a Apprentice Field Service Technician to support the its operations. The successful candidate will support field service projects across a variety of service offerings and participate in a continuous improvement culture to drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost excellence with the goal of proving value generation for the customer.
Our company provides on the job training in high velocity oil flushing processes, technical step progression opportunities, company uniforms, company phone, per diems, on-duty travel, boot allowance
- On-the-job training in High Velocity Oil Flushing Technology and Preventative / Predictive Maintenance
- Internal Career Growth opportunities available through our Technician Career Ladder (Apprentice > Technician > Senior Tech, > Project Lead > and Sr Project Lead)
- Opportunity to strengthen your Industrial background and skills
- Company provided uniforms, tools, safety equipment, boot allowance
- Advancement opportunity to progress from an Apprentice Technician into a Sr Technician within 2 years (performance based)
- Technicians can potentially earn - with Overtime - more than $50,000 per year
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) Package & 401K Plan with company match (Fidelity Investments)
- Hourly positions eligible for overtime, on the job travel time and per diems
- Reward and Recognition program
- Employee Referral program
- Responsible for maintenance including rotating equipment lubrication, filter exchange, oil mist maintenance and greasing systems
- Performs diagnostic collection to include lubricant collection and vibration collection
- Conduct work safely by attending daily safety and production meetings and following site safety requirements including PPE, JHA/JSA, Lock Out/ Tag Out, Work Permitting, and Near Miss Unsafe Condition reporting
- Responsible to submit completed paperwork in a timely manner
- Able to read and follow unit flow on P&IDs
- Knowledge of process operations and flow patterns of refineries and plants
- Operate oil transfer pumps and filtration equipment
- Visual inspection and repair of oil distribution pipes
- Record gauge and LCD read out values
- Route pipe as directed by lead personnel and bend tubing to equipment
- Clean and lubricate equipment and perform basic maintenance and repairs
- Operate electric dolly to load and unload oil or other materials from machines
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment on the job site
- Able to discuss methodologies with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviews procedures prior to job execution
- Support lean initiatives and continuous improvement
- Perform other necessary job-related duties or responsibilities
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel up to 75% and work in the field away from home
- 6 months - 1 year experience working with pumps, valves or as a field technician preferred
- Valid driver’s license required with a good driving record, CDL a plus
- Safely and efficiently operate truck and trailer
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products
- Basic mechanical ability – use of hand tools, safety equipment and company equipment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Physically submit to periodic drug, alcohol, hair, background and clearance screenings
- Ability to obtain a DOT card
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to verbally communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee must be able to convey instructions, ideas and information accurately and quickly. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, climb and work in heights of 30 ft. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high level.
AutomotiveView all jobs at RelaDyne
Get fresh Field Technician Apprentice jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.