Certified Personal Trainer
Rejuv Medical Waite Park, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Fitness Specialist/Certified Personal Trainer
Job Title: Medical Fitness Specialist/Certified Personal Trainer Revised: 7/21/2020
Reports To: MFS Manager
FLSA Status: Dependent upon position – Part time or Full-time
Rejuv Medical is seeking a part-time to full-time Medical Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer to join our team for one-on-one, small and large group training settings. The right candidate will be responsible for supporting and assisting members in their journey to build and maintain a healthier lifestyle. They must be willing to build, nurture, and maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
Why Rejuv Medical?
Regardless of the role, we at Rejuv Medical recognize that every member of our team is vital. The Medical Fitness Specialists who work at Rejuv Medical are a part of a team that incorporates the collaboration of the fitness team as well as Medical Doctors, Physical Therapist and Functional Medicine Clinicians. Our unique integration philosophy allows the Fitness Specialists to work closely with the medical providers to help provide the best well-rounded care to all who utilize our facility. With the equipment, space and resources at your disposal, your ability to motivate and inspire people on their journey to change their lives has countless possibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities to include the following.
- Schedules and manages client appointments.
- Educates clients on behavior modification related to a healthy lifestyle, such as stress management, weight control, and athletic performance.
- Performs initial and follow-up exercise consultations and physical fitness assessments for clients and/or members as assigned.
- Consults and reaches out to new, current, and past clients and members for purposes of recruiting and maintaining client base.
- Maintain a positive, motivating environment to foster confidence from all levels of client fitness.
- Records client histories, daily progress and maintains complete and accurate client files, administers body fat composition tests, and documents clients’ weight and measurements according to their goals.
- Conducts research and provides instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or projects related to people working on weight loss.
- Develops and/or administers training programs for one-on-one clients and small groups.
- Assists and participates in outreach and community activities including marketing, projects, lunch-and-learns, etc. as determined by the Fitness Director(s).
- Spends adequate time preparing for training sessions to include clean up.
- Attends all mandatory team meetings and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Degree in Kinesiology/Exercise Science or 1 year of personal training experience
- Certified personal Trainer
- CPR and AED Certified
- Knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition and program design.
- Ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class and be able to bend, stand, reach, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to speak effectively before groups.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Normal vision and hearing abilities required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while working in a gym or fitness center. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens. Follow proper blood-borne pathogens procedures/emergency protocol when needed.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud with overhead music.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
AddressWaite Park, MN
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Rejuv Medical