Admin Assistant for Financial Aid
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reinhardt University is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant for the Financial Aid office.
This position is responsible for being the front line of customer service for the Office of Student Financial Aid. Duties include assisting current and prospective students, organizing and filing Financial Aid documents, performing tasks needed for operation of the office, and assisting with the Work Study program.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior customer service experience
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Operational knowledge of financial aid regulations and practices
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years experience in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of financial aid regulations and practices
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to assist students and parents in applying for their potential financial aid. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining student files, processing aid paperwork, responding to Financial Aid email and voicemail, and communicating with students and parents in a timely manner.
- Provide timely and effective communications to students and their families
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of students
- Assist with Work Study program by identifying eligibility and processing timesheets
- As appropriate, this position may be required to perform other functions associated with the day-to-day operations of the University as assigned by their supervisor.
- Create and maintain a constant relationship with the student athletes and coaches for remaining in compliance with all regulations including institutional, federal, and NAIA.
- Assist Student Financial Aid Counselors with packaging and notification process.
- Responsible for notifying and maintaining loan counseling.
- Responsible for maintaining student files in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Establish and maintain contact with and keep up to date on processes and procedures of various departments campus wide.
- Electronically import and export student information with Federal and State agencies.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral component to the success of a student's college career and the Financial Aid office. Therefore, attendance for this position is generally required at 37.5 hours per week, during normal business hours, usually 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. As required by seasonal workload, this position may occasionally work overtime.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and a clear and effective customer service approach.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially in the use of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and the ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of Institutional, State and Federal funds, regulations and handbooks.
- Must be able to work hours and events as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
Work Environment/Physical Requirements of the Job:
This position is located within a general office environment. The candidate must have the ability to walk between buildings on campus, occasionally lift up to twenty pounds, and be able to work sitting down for long periods of time.
Applicants must officially apply through the ADP online application system. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Reinhardt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/V/H/V).
Reinhardt University is an equal opportunity institution. The University respects the essential dignity of all individuals and is committed to providing equal access to and support for education and employment opportunities. Reinhardt does not discriminate in any of its policies, programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, age, culture, national origin, socioeconomic status, veteran's status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, religious belief, physical (dis)ability, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All persons involved in the operations of the University are prohibited from engaging in such discrimination. Direct inquiries regarding the equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy to: Director of Human Resources, Reinhardt University, 7300 Reinhardt Circle, Waleska, GA 30183, 770-720-9146.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Reinhardt University
Get fresh Financial Planning Professor jobs daily straight to your inbox!