“BREAKING: Reingold’s PR team dominates social-impact industry with new hire.”
Call us ambitious, but the headline above sounds pretty close to our vision for this role. We’ve got a kickass media and public relations team with a record of national placements and a roster of high-profile clients. We’re looking to deepen our bench with the right fit — someone who cares about good journalism, good causes … and ideally good coffee. (Our kitchen stocks only premium, local roast.)
About the Role:
Reingold is hiring a mid-level (4+ years) PR professional who is eager to help lead and develop integrated communications strategies for our clients in the public and private sectors. The role involves creativity, stamina (did we mention the premium coffee?), and a boatload of personal drive.
Working with a supportive team of senior and peer mentors, you’ll help determine the client’s optimal message, when to move that message forward, and when to pull it back from the public eye. In this business, the right timing can make all the difference (but you knew that already).
Here’s what you can expect in your day-to-day work:
- Provide high-level input on communications and marketing projects, inserting PR and media relations strategies where appropriate.
- Draft copy in a variety of styles and with a focus on storytelling (news releases, talking points, corporate reports, promotional materials, blogs and other “thought pieces”).
- Write and edit strategic plans, performance reports, and executive briefs.
- Manage multiple accounts and serve as the go-to consultant for your clients.
- Develop creative solutions to client problems.
- Track and pitch reporters (media database).
- Secure and manage media placements.
- Conduct media trainings, including broadcast interview preparation.
- Alert clients to potential threats to their brand and providing strategic support.
- Coordinate all parts of the project workstream, including collaboration with designers, social media marketers, technologists, editors, event coordinators, and senior leaders.
- Anticipate and resolve issues related to timelines, budgets, or key deliverables.
- Build and apply your knowledge of the landscape in education, health care, veterans affairs, the nonprofit sector, corporate citizenship, and more.
This role is a good fit for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- At least 4 years of experience with an agency, newsroom, or press office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (and we mean excellent)
- Expert understanding of the news cycle and news hooks
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use metrics to inform a strategy
- Knowledge of tools like Meltwater, PR Newswire, and Mailchimp
- Intellect, initiative, flexibility, and tact
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with journalism or PR coursework
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bonus points for experience with crisis communications or event planning
Reingold is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.