Reiner, Slaughter, Mainzer & Frankel, LLP, is looking for a full-time legal assistant/paralegal with expertise in general civil litigation. Specific experience with personal injury litigation is preferred.
This position is for our Eureka office.
We seek a highly-motivated, organized individual with superior time management ability as well as the desire to provide exceptional client services. You will work under the supervision of an attorney and will provide support in assigned legal cases. This is a position for someone who is looking for a long-term commitment with opportunities to grow.
Compensation and benefits, including health insurance, generous vacation and 401K, will be competitively set based upon experience.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to attorneys;
- Managing attorney calendar and schedule;
- Communicating with clients, adjustors and opposing counsel;
- Performing initial screening of potential clients;
- Record and track deadlines through docketing and calendar system;
- Preparing draft orders/depo notices/template pleadings;
- Filing pleadings in California, both in State and Federal court;
- Performing various litigation assistant duties;
- Document management and file organization.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent people skills;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be detail oriented;
- Be able to respond timely and effectively in a team atmosphere;
- Be able to multi-task independently;
- Have a high level of computer competency in the complete Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in iManage document file system, PDF conversion, e-Dockets calendaring experience would also be helpful;
- Be familiar with California Civil Procedure and, ideally, Federal Civil Procedure;
- Understand the importance of client confidentially.
Interested applicants are invited submit resumes.
Reiner, Slaughter, Mainzer & Frankel, LLP