Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Home-based; 90%+ travel to job sites.
Shift: Full Time, Day Shift
Reich Installation Services is seeking a Site Foreman to directly supervise, schedule, and coordinate installation crews and site activities related to the implementation of conveyor-based material handling systems.
About Reich Installation Services:
Reich Installation Services was founded in 1989 to meet the growing needs of the material handling industry. After establishing strong local roots, we have become a national provider of automated storage and retrieval systems, mini load systems, shuttle systems, and conveyor systems. We are committed to maintaining a strong and motivated workforce that exceeds industry standards.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of installation crews.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, and installation sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
- Material Handling — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of automated storage and retrieval systems, mini load systems, shuttle systems, and conveyor systems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers — Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Safety and First Aid – A basic understanding of first-aid, fall protection gear and personal protective equipment is required.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Successful candidates will have prior experience leading the site installation of conveyor systems.
- OSHA 30
- Valid Driver’s License that meets company insurance requirements.
- The position involves 90%+ travel to job sites throughout the US.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects and work at heights.
- Regular work hours can be either inside or outside a building in inclement weather, heat/humidity, and exposure to dust. Must be able to tolerate moderate noise levels with appropriate use of PPE.
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus.
- Company vehicle.
- Above average living quarters with weekly per diem.
- Health and Dental Insurance.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
Reich Installation Services is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Reich Installation Services and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reich Installation Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?Reich Installation Services was founded in 1989 to meet the growing needs of the material handling industry. After establishing strong local roots, we have become a national provider of automated storage and retrieval systems, mini load systems, shuttle systems, and conveyor systems. We are committed to maintaining a strong and motivated workforce that exceeds industry standards.
Travel the country and be a part of a truly fulfilling company. Free room and board and competitive pay!