- Must be able to balance needs of family, court and youth in astressful evolving environment.
- Complete documentation for probation treatment plans, court reports and case notes in appropriate time frames outlined by Wayne County
- Present a professional, knowledgeable and articulate demeanor while representing the agencyin delinquency court matters
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with residential and community-based providers regarding the well-being and progress of clients on your caseload
- Travel to facilities, client homes and schools to monitor client progress and behaviors on a weekly basis
- Required Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology.
- Required at least minimum of two years experience in working with youth inat-risk populations.
- Prior experience in juvenile justice with court, probational or residential experience highly desired
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current valid drivers license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation and automobile insurance which meets the minimum requirements as defined by the agency due to the essential function of this role.
- Initiative, adaptability to changing environments and schedules, while maintainingauthority and pro-activity to support clients and court.
- Position requires daytime travel up to 40% in the metro Detroit area; and occasional travel to other locations based on client placements.