Conservatorship/Probate/Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant
Paralegal/Legal Assistant for Probate/Conservatorship/Trust Litigation/Estate Planning law firm in Tustin, CA
Seeking a qualified and experienced Conservatorship/Probate/Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant. The role entails performing a wide range of complex legal functions requiring knowledge of trust, conservatorship and probate laws.
·Checking probate notes and preparing supplements to address probate notes
· Experience preparing trust and court accountings a big plus.
· Draft of Trust & probate petitions and ancillary documents from initial engagement to completion;
· Draft petitions, pleadings, court forms, legal documents, and correspondence
· Prepare beneficiary designation forms for life insurance, retirement benefits, annuity contracts;
· Familiar with state court rules, local rules, e-filing, and court procedures.
· Prepare correspondence to beneficiaries and creditors;
· Excellent grammar, proofreading, and English composition skills are also essential.
· Prepare fiduciary accountings; and
· Calendar hearings, depositions, appointments, and mediations
· Support litigation attorneys
· Manage case files
· Draft and format, edit and proofread documents with attention to detail.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Conservatorship and/or Litigation
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
Preferred but NOT Required Qualifications:
· Paralegal certificate
· Certified Notary Public
· Experience with TABS3 & PracticeMaster Software
· Experience with Essential Forms Software
· Experience with Time Keeping & Billing Billable Hours
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material with good judgment and maturity;
· Ability to identify issues and work efficiently;
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients;
· Can take initiative, work with limited direction, and complete tasks in a timely fashion;
· Consistent and proactive follow-up skills with a strong attention to detail;
· Excellent verbal, written, numerical and editing skills;
· Must be able to learn new concepts and computer applications within a high volume and fast-paced environment;
· Must be willing and able to "own" the process and take responsibility for meeting deadlines;
· Competitive Pay commiserate of experience
· Health/Dental/Vision - 100% paid by Company- Ask about this to learn more
· Vacation/paid time off
· 401(k) plan
· Bonus Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 per hour
Rehmani & Associates
Why Work Here?
Extremely competitive benefits. Ask us about them