MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Outpatient Pain/Addiction Clinic
RehabResource, LLC Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a MEDICAL ASSISTANT / PATIENT RELATIONS ASSISTANT for our Outpatient Pain Management / Addiction Clinic in the Deer Valley area of Phoenix, Arizona.
We are a unique model in that we provide a multi-disciplinary approach with an MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Physical Therapy, Acupuncture and Yoga.
Requirements for MEDICAL ASSISTANT / PATIENT RELATIONS ASSISTANT:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English Preferred;
- Associates Degree or two years of relevant experience;
Responsibilities of MEDICAL ASSISTANT / PATIENT RELATIONS ASSISTANT:
- Collect urine samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Type routine correspondence and reports from medical dictation or handwritten copy.
- Answer telephones, relay messages, reminder calls and greet patients
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming medication list
- Directing and/or accompanying patients to the medical provider
- Prepare medical consent forms for inductions, injections, prescribed medications, etc.
- Educate patients by providing medication, information and instructions; obtaining authorizations and answering questions
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock and organizing/cleaning common areas of clinic
- Prepare, collect and send urine drug screen samples
- Assist PRC in sending referral update forms to referral source
- Track and submit Optum Authorization Forms for Physical Therapy
- Enter patient information within Dxscript system
- First assist and coverage for Patient Relations Coordinator
RehabResource, LLCWhy Work Here?
We Are Growing! Come Grow With Us!