Diversified Multi-Unit Company with 200+ Employees focused on Construction, Real Estate Development, Multi-Concept Operations, and Restaurant Operations is seeking a Senior Accountant with HR Management and Office Management Experience. We are in search of an individual that combinds and understands the intricacies of the hospitalty industry as it relates to Real Estate Acquisitions and Development and who is not afraid to work nights and weekends, if we have a deadline to meet. Must have a good disposition under pressure and must have a strong personality to effectively voice an opinion and mediate for what is best for both the employees and the company. Must have impeccable ethics and absolutely no ego in order to effectively build a team. This position is unsuitable for soft personalities that cannot handle stress and criticism both towards self and to offer to others constructively. A respectful, authoritative, take-charge approach is appropriate.
*** Responsibilities ***
• General Accounting, HR and Administrative duties
• Shared Responsibility of the Accounting Department
• Communication via phone, in person and email with Vendors and Employees
• Managing Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits with the HR Director
• Banks, accounts payable and all aspects of office operations
• Communication and Strategy Meetings with C-level Executives
• Participate in a thorough analysis of the internal business processes of the organization to identify key business challenges and suggest solutions together with the CEO and COO.
• Training, Coordination and Paperwork Analysis for Compliance with all Regulatory Guidelines.
• Coordinating interviews, on-boarding new staff members, set up and orientation, and Unit Manager meeting Coordination.
• Fine tuning through in-depth knowledge of back-office processes of mid-sized companies and integration of reporting to top management through automation.
• Hands-on training of recruitment processes and HR management, including 401k, benefits management, workers compensation, tax credit services, payroll, screening and selection, time/attendance labor laws.
• Discussions of General Accounting New Regulations and Taxes as it pertains to Accounts Payable, Auditing, Billing, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Benefits and report generation for the interpretation and identification of potential profit leaks and suggestions for systems improvement.
• Knowledge of the PAYCHEX payroll systems and the PAYCHEX HR modules and teach others in the corporate office and store level managers how to utilize them.
• Driving between the units in the Broward County Area and Boca Raton is sometimes required to ensure Training of Managers and timely compliance to systems.
*** Minimum Required Qualifications ***
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an Accredited College or University, prefered or requiement waighed on experience.
Expert Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
Trustworthy and diligent in safeguarding company and private information. A confidentiality agreement is required;
Must be very organized with accurate data entry skills;
Must have great attitude under pressure and work well with other members of our Team and interact professionally with vendors, store managers, and other employees;
Must have flexibility in hours to accommodate occasional need to work onsite at one of our units, late hours and on a weekend, when necessary, and especially upon new location openings.
The usual Company Hours are between 8:30 to 5:30 Monday to Friday with Saturday Meetings, occasionally.
****** Preferred Skills******
Working Knowledge of HR, Payroll Benefits Administration (e.g., Policy Enforcement, Procedures, Regulations, Taxes, Federal and Florida Employment and Tax laws, Workers' Compensation, Employee Insurance Administration, Unemployment Compensation, New Hire Reporting and Recordkeeping);
Paychex Payroll Processing Experience Preferred;
Knowledge of Aloha and/or Micros POS System Preferred;
Restaurant Industry Accounting Experience, Preferred;
*** Education & Advancement Opportunities through Participation ***
*** Compensation and Benefits ***
Salary or Hourly based on Qualifications and Experience to be discussed.
Long Term Security in a Diversified Multi-Unit, Multi-Concept Company;
Excellent Health Insurance with 50% Employer Participation;
Additional bonuses are paid for reaching milestone goals timely, for example in a new location opening;
Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability Insurance;
Paid Time Off;
401K after the First Year with a Matching Employer Contribution Up to 4%.
Employment is Contingent upon Successful Completion of Background Screening and Employment Reference Check.
We are a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.