Financial Associate - Part Time (20 hours/week)
Regional Health Services of Howard County Cresco, IA
- Posted: April 16, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Generate revenue from patient/client accounts by submitting claims to the appropriate payer. Ensure prompt payment by monitoring accounts, making payment arrangements, and pursuing delinquent accounts. Review daily receipts and process payments to patient accounts. Communicate with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and patients in person, in writing, and by phone. Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of the Business Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DETAILED DUTIES:
- Entering data into the system for the proper billing of services provided to our patients/clients.
- Review computer generated reports and insurance billings for accuracy and completeness. Edit as necessary for proper submission within one working day.
- Transmit/Submit claims to the correct payer within standard timing.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims. Maintain work lists (work buckets) and take action needed on accounts. Correct and resubmit billing information or denied claims in a timely manner (5 days). Appeal or assist with claim appeals as needed.
- Perform follow-up phone calls to insurance companies or patients when necessary for all accounts open 60 days from billing date.
- Receive daily receipts and document appropriate information. Post receipts to patient/client account accurately.
- Track collection efforts on accounts by placing notes in the software and take appropriate action as individual circumstances dictate and RHSHC credit policy allows. This includes preparing and mailing form-type collection letters.
- Maintain and organize filing system for the efficient storage and retrieval of patient/client and insurance information.
- Professionally and effectively communicate directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and patients in person, in writing and by phone. Answer questions and resolve concerns. Perform phone duties in a professional manner as stated in the collection policy.
- Follow the office opening and closing procedures including balancing the cash drawer and deposit. Serve as a back-up for preparing out-going mail and delivering it to the post office.
- Maintain the confidentiality of health and financial information.
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Associate degree required (AA or AS)
- Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices. At least 1 year Medical Office experience required, including patient types and insurance billing.
- Knowledge of Excel, email, and financial billing systems required.
Regional Health Services of Howard County
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Regional Health Services of Howard County