Front Desk Receptionist - Afternoon Part Time
Regional Food Bank Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: over a month ago
This part-time position will assist visitors with telephone and face-to-face inquiries. The Receptionist will provide information regarding the organization and partner agencies to the general public, clients and customers and route inquires appropriately. This position will have various tasks in different departments within the Food Bank. This position works approximately 25 - 30 hours a week.
- Greet persons entering the organization
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner, direct calls appropriately and answer any questions
- Monitor voicemail and respond promptly
- Respond to inquiries about food resources in a kind and helpful manner
- Accept and process donations of food and funds
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Tidy and maintain the reception, conference spaces and lobby areas (water plants as necessary)
- Monitor the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma general email account and forward emails to appropriate staff members
- Maintain the security of the building by signing visitors in and out, then directing people to correct destinations
- Be knowledgeable about RFBO to address questions from visitors and callers
- General administrative and clerical support
- Write thank you cards
- Process, fold and stuff mailings for donor letters
- Regular attendance and attention to punctuality are required for a person to be successful in this role
- Communicates daily with other part-time receptionist about pertinent and timely matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Order office supplies, distribute the supply orders and keep supplies stocked in mail room
- Scan non-confidential HR paperwork
- Collect and send in temporary employee timecards every Monday
- Create flyers and employee event announcements
- Post weekly staff information on employee breakroom TV
- Other duties as assigned
- Stock pantry box closet, distribute boxes to clients and maintain inventory
- Connect with direct supervisors and schedule new hire orientations
- Complete new hire and termination checklists
- Keep new hire packets and benefit packet folders stocked
- Update Smartsheets and intranet
- Manage contacts in Send Word Now
- Refill the postage machine
- Communicate maintenance needs to contracted vendors
- Assure that the outgoing voicemail message is in place (voicemail)
- Maintain vehicle, Pike Pass and gas card logs and distribute keys for vehicles
- Compile and process wearable orders
- Maintain vending machine refunds
- Log food drives and donation totals in database
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Computers and relevant software applications
- Customer service principles and practices
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Spanish/English Bilingual preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior writing and oral communication skills; ability to understand and translate information for intended audiences with clarity, crispness and elegance
- The intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of donors, volunteer leaders, staff and other constituents
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels and a strong commitment to teamwork
- The company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Utilize multi-limb coordination and flexibility combined with control precision to perform fine motor skills including: finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, arm-hand steadiness, in order to push, pull or lift objects
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Utilizes multi-limb coordination to balance on even surfaces, stoop, kneel, stand, and walk, reach over shoulders or below the knees.
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
- Environmentally controlled with little to no exposure to extreme changes in the weather, and limited exposure to humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations.
- No exposure to dust, chemicals, gases, fumes, smoke, excessive noise, and/or vibrations
- Work generally performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
- Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required.
Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma Core Values:
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and demonstrates our core values in ways such as the following:
- Vitality: being passionate and enthusiastic about what we do and who we serve, anticipating and embracing change, and holding ourselves to the highest standard.
- Innovation: proactively finding better ways to serve, approaching challenges and unmet needs with a fresh perspective and purposeful thinking and using knowledge, experience and intuition to make things better.
- Stewardship: framing decision and actions around our core mission, providing consistent dependability and recognizing our moral obligation to the people and communities we serve.
*Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your supervisor, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Regional Food Bank
AddressOklahoma City, OK
TourismView all jobs at Regional Food Bank