Enterprise Automation Manager
Director, Information Technology
The Manager of Enterprise Automation leads a team of Enterprise Architects and Automation Engineers to support the efficiency, stability, and growth of the organization using IT technologies. The team’s role is to seek out areas of inefficiency for the organization and to develop technical solutions to improve business processes. The Enterprise Automation Manager will lead the planning, analysis, design, testing, and deployment of advanced infrastructure and applications to support the organization. The requirements include delivery of proof-of-concepts, topical workshops, requirements gathering, development of technical proposals, and leading implementation projects. The team focus is on key solutions such as cloud technologies, ITSM configurations, GPOs, Automation Engines, and other centralized IT functionality. The manager ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies.
Duties and responsibilities
The manager will lead all phases of engineering projects. These activities include:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex technical solutions.
- Leading technical discussions with senior IT executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new technical solutions.
- Designing new technology solutions that meet technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Assisting the Systems Team in research, root cause, solution design, and deployment of solutions for Tier 3 issues.
- Working with the IT Infrastructure, IT Development, and business stakeholders to design, deploy, and administer Regional Management corporate IT services.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Maintain current knowledge of technology trends and issues including current emerging technologies and best practices
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and micro-services associated with our operations platform, ensuring efficiency and reduction of errors.
Operations and Support
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, coordinating improvements with co-teams as needed.
- Contribute to and maintain capacity planning, performance analysis, develop expansion and growth plans, lead efforts towards optimization.
- Perform daily administrative tasks, ensuring all Enterprise Automation components and system data are performing to industry standards and in accordance with established baselines.
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, system up-time, regulatory compliance and data protection over areas that the Enterprise Automation team owns.
- Perform proactive monitoring/execution, maintenance and changes of Enterprise Automation infrastructure.
- Organize, schedule, communicate, and perform annual Disaster Recovery testing
- Apply system patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Design, implement, secure, and troubleshoot Microsoft enterprise and online services such as IIS, SharePoint, Systems Center, Active Directory, and Windows Server.
- Design, implement, secure and troubleshoot open source web and cloud services and software, such as, Linux, Apache, My SQL, PHP (LAMP).
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and provide future projected growth estimates.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science and/or 5+ years of experience with planning, designing, configuring and supporting large enterprise cloud environments.
- 5+ years of management experience performing capacity planning, performance analysis and development of enterprise private and public cloud architectures.
- 1-3+ years of experience in Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) development or similar function with tools such as UI Path, Automation Anywhere, or Blue Prism
- Prior application development\automation experience on any major cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) preferred
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Willingness to work after hours for pre-scheduled maintenance as needed. Willingness to participate in emergency response situations of mission critical components.
- Must pass drug screen and other pre-employment screenings
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Microsoft collaboration stack including Office 365, Exchange & SharePoint Online
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Exceptional communication, writing, meeting facilitation, and analytical skills
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently, as well as, work well in groups.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management
This position primarily works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, working on a computer.
No direct reports.