The purpose of the Branch Operations Intern is to assist in developing the branch’s business, learn the consumer finance business, RM’s business practices and to prepare to manage a branch office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete training program within the required timeframe.
- Understand our personal loan product offerings in order to assist customers in making educated decisions that help them achieve their financial goals.
- Establish and build customer relationships through delivering exceptional service.
- Develop and deliver consolidation options for customers.
- Ability to learn how to underwrite loans.
- Work with past-due customers to arrange payments.
- Assist in maintaining standards in weekly delinquency reduction and delinquency slow file percentages.
- Offer additional loan products to current customers.
- Execute business plan for outbound solicitation to former customers.
- Close loans as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current full-time Sophomore, Junior or Senior in an accredited college program.
- Flexible schedule while working between 8 and 25 hours a week.
- Computer literacy.
- Must pass pre-employment assessment, drug screen, credit, and criminal background checks.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain all required certification and licenses.
- Major in Business related program preferred
- Previous work experience in customer-facing environment.
- Willingness to relocate for career advancement.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a dependable automobile with liability insurance coverage.
- High degree of self-confidence
- Leadership qualities
- High energy
- Above average communications skills
- Ambition to work in the finance business and to be a Branch Manager
- Customer service oriented with a personality that relates well with a broad spectrum of people, including external customers, branch colleagues, and corporate co-workers
- Calm under pressure
- Proven ability to multi-task
- High degree of integrity
- Sales mentality
This position works in a Branch office providing services to customers and potential customers in person and over the phone. The Branch Operations Intern typically works 16-25 hours a week, Monday through Friday with some evenings and Saturdays.