Grants Operations Assistant
- Expired: July 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Imagine a working culture where you are trusted by your manager and colleagues, not to be micromanaged or unconstructively criticized, but to live and lean into your genius because you understand your priorities within the impact we are aiming to have in the community. In pursuit of those priorities, everyone around you is reaching out with an open-ended invitation to collaborate through deep listening, meaningful questions, shared workstreams, and recommended resources that only enhances your effectiveness. As you make progress toward the aim you are pursuing you feel a profound sense of emotional and psychological safety to ask the hard questions, have the difficult conversations, and set the needed boundaries with those around you. Through those questions and conversations ideas begin to flow that transcend the normal and typical way of doing things, inspiring you to innovate in the name of impact! And, as you realize the impact you've made in community, through the full weight of your talents and contributions, you are recognized and valued by the team!
Grants Operations Assistant
The Grants Operations Assistant is responsible for administrative and operational tasks associated with RAC's grantmaking, including but not limited to data management, communications, and relationship management. This role supports the arts and culture community and works to advance RAC's commitment to inclusion and equity in our grantmaking practices. This individual will be part of a team that values innovation, excellence, and connection with the community. We seek an individual who is self-motivated, solutions-oriented, and flexible as RAC rebuilds and evolves as an organization.
At RAC, we are committed to the growth and development of every team member. With each role, from entry-level to senior-level, you will acquire and deepen critical assets necessary to thrive in multiple pathways beyond your time and journey with RAC. Quite simply, there is no ceiling to what you'll be able to do and no limit to where you'll be able to go as a result of leaning into critical thinking, collaborative engagement, and community engagement. Whether you feel compelled towards program management and grant support, external relations and communications, or business operations and human resources, we believe that every role in RAC can get you there.
The essential responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Executes award, contract, and invoicing processes from entire grantmaking processes in alignment with the grants and program process and policies
- In partnership with the Grants & Programs Senior Manager, develops and maintains a diverse pool of trained reviewers in alignment with the application review process and policies
- Organizes and executes grant reviewer assignments, reviewer orientation, and training, and provides support and guidance to reviewers throughout the grantmaking process
- Partners with Grants & Program Manager and Communications Senior Manager to ensure all grantmaking content on RAC's websites and social media is accurate and up-to-date
- Oversees grants data entry in GMS, manages CRM, and generates necessary reports
- Maintains all grants data entry in Blackbaud Grants Management System (GMS) and generates on demand reports
- Completes intake and review of grant requests and program applications and checks eligibility within the GMS
- Ensures GMS content is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately describes current grant and program offerings
- Maintains all electronic grant files in Blackbaud, as well as physical files
- In partnership with the Grants & Programs Senior Manager, builds and cultivates relationships with grant reviewers
Experience and Education:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of job-related administrative experience with an understanding of data management and/or grantmaking practices
- Experience with databases and/or grant management software (GMS) preferred
- Experience with Blackbaud a plus
- Requires a high attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work behind-the-scenes as part of a team
- Ability to make decisions independently using good judgement
- Strong written and verbal skills required for daily internal and external communications
- Customer service oriented with the ability to build and develop relationships with individuals, groups, and communities of diverse backgrounds promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong planning, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Salary range for the position is $40,522 - $52,678.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter online at the RAC website by August 8, 2022:
No phone calls or emails to the Regional Arts Commission, please.
The Regional Arts Commission (RAC) is committed to building a team with a wide range of experiences and perspectives. RAC strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates, and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any statuses protected by law.
Regional Arts Commission
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Non ProfitView all jobs at Regional Arts Commission