Water Resource Specialist
Region 1 Planning Council Rockford, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ideal Candidate: Has a strong interest or background in water resource management and planning. Data-driven background with experience in water quality sampling and analysis preferred.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in one of the following or related fields: Environmental Science or Technology, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Science, Geology, Soil Science, Ecology, Natural Resource Management, or Soil Conservation. Preference for master’s degree or certification.
- Three to five or more years of relative working experience. Pay commensurate with applied experience.
Position Summary: This is a full-time, project-based position for the term of one year, with the potential for extension. Willing to consider either temporary direct hire or contractual services. May qualify for a partially remote work schedule (within the state of Illinois) after 30 days of employment.
This position is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on a variety of water resource planning needs for the region.
Initial focus will beon water quality, supply, and infrastructure planning.
Other illustrative examples of work to be performed include:
- Performs an array of technical, research, policy, planning, writing and program assessment activities for assigned water resources projects and programs. Responds to inquiries from local governments, communities, businesses, the legislature and other interested parties regarding water resources programs. Prepares reports and documents relating to the programs.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts water resources projects with a focus on water quality and supply issues and research.
- Evaluates performance reports and recommends appropriate changes or actions.
Critical knowledge and fundamental skills required for the position, include:
- Has technical knowledge of complex federal, state, and local environmental regulatory laws and ordinances including but not limited to the Clean Air & Water Act; NEPA; RCRA; CERCLA; and TSCA.
- Has technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Water quality testing, water supply and infrastructure, wastewater treatment, water resource planning, and/or hazard mitigation.
- Takes initiative to problem-solve, develop plans, and follow-through projects to conclusion.
- Works collaboratively with others to ensure the success and achievement of team members in the fulfillment of RPC priorities.
Region 1 Planning Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Our interdisciplinary approach provides a uniquely informed, efficient, and comprehensive approach to meeting client needs throughout Northern Illinois in both the private and public sector.
Region 1 Planning CouncilWhy Work Here?
Excellent workplace culture, great benefits, and rewarding work contributing to the quality of life throughout the region!
Region 1 Planning Council (RPC) employs subject matter experts to meet a wide variety of planning, research, economic, technical assistance, and fund development needs. Our interdisciplinary approach provides a uniquely informed, efficient, and comprehensive approach to meeting client needs throughout Northern Illinois in both the private and public sector.
127 N Wyman StRockford, IL
Energy and Environment