Position Reports to: Center Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Nature of Work
The Center Manager Assistant (CMA) provides administrative support to the Center Manager. The CMA develops and manages the center office systems to assure smooth administrative functions. This person is often the first person-to-person contact with families entering the program.
High school diploma or GED. Associate Degree preferred. A thorough knowledge of general office practices, gained through at least two years full-time office/administrative experience preferably in a social service or educational setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support Services
- Provides clerical support for center operations
- Makes supervisory decisions in the absence of the Center Manager and consults with Regional Center Manager as necessary
- Maintains accounts payable documentation and ensure it is submitted accurately and on time
- Maintains in kind documentation and ensures it is submitted accurately and on time
- Maintains all necessary licensing documentation needed for compliance
- Monitors and report staff work times to Center Manager to ensure meeting payroll deadlines
- Assists Center Manager in tracking staff certifications, training, certifications, and physicals
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of conveying information regarding center activities and/or procedures
- Assists with training parents, volunteers, and employees in program
Center and Program Coordination
- Ensures assigned CACFP duties are completed accurately and on time
- Assists Center Manager to ensure that all Licensing Regulations and Head Start Performance Standards are met
- Makes independent decisions regarding office work flow, delegating work for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force, and meeting operational requirements
- Assists Center Manager to monitor and manage the maintenance and safety of facilities and availability of supplies
- Assists Center Manager with all safety and workers comp related documentation
- Reports regularly to the Center Manager on any developments or problems within the center for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the agency
- Attend meetings, training and professional development activities as needed or requested by Supervisor
- Perform other duties as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong clerical and typing skills
- Strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Broad based knowledge and experience in computer applications and systems
- Ability to utilize agency resources and technology to appropriately answer questions and provide technical support to staff
- Demonstrated training skills, ability to provide presentations to small and large groups.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills, internet and e-mail
- Ability to work in a professional manner both independently and with others in a team environment
Employees within this classification are required to:
- Obtain a Louisiana Child Care Criminal Background Check Determination of Eligibility
- Pass a physical examination every three years
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record in compliance with RCCDC's insurance carrier requirements
- Be able to frequently sit, work at computer keyboard and desk, and stand to file misc. documents in filing cabinets
- Be able to maintain regular and punctual onsite attendance
- Be able to travel overnight as required
- Be able to sustain concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously
- Be able to bend, stoop and kneel and lift up to 50 lbs
- Be able to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level
I fully understand that this job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and that the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job descriptions at any time without notice.
My supervisor has afforded me a one on one review of my job description. I fully understand the duties and responsibilities of the job and my supervisor's expectations where this job is concerned. I am able to perform all duties as outlines.
Employee's Signature Date
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Regina Coeli Child Development CenterHammond, LA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.