Regina Coeli Child Development Center Hammond, LA
- Expired: July 31, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nature of Work
To provide custodial and minor maintenance for agency, classrooms, offices, common areas, utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials for the facility and grounds. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
Be familiar with and adhere to the Head Start Program Performance Standards, State of Louisiana licensing requirements, the RCCDC written work plan, and agency's policies and procedures
Maintain an open, friendly, professional relationship with all staff and families, to include respect for culture, diversity and ethnicity.
Participate in annual program self-assessment and continuous quality improvement initiatives of the overall program.
Position Specific Essential Functions:
Custodial Services Facility & Grounds
1. Daily cleaning of classrooms, office, bathrooms, and common areas, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash.
2. Seasonal deep cleaning and maintenance of building interior and exterior (i.e. Floor buffing, carpet cleaning, pressure washing sidewalk).
3. Perform routine inspections and regular up keep of interior and exterior areas to ensure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds and other foreign materials
4. Assist with moving office and classroom furniture, fixtures and equipment to support increasing staffing changes, relocations, remodels, program expansion and custodial requirements
5. Ensure that safety and health procedures are followed as directed by Facilities Manager and/or established policy.
6. Maintains an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment, and prepares requisitions to Center Director for approval
7. Safeguards all equipment and supplies, and accounts for missing or damaged items; Reports needs for major repairs to the center director or center director assistant.
Communication & Miscellaneous. Duties
1. Frequent in-person contact with Transportation/Facilities Manager, Center Director, site staff, and parents to share information and receive direction.
2. Follows work schedule and established routines provided by Center Director.
3. Miscellaneous minor maintenance; (i.e. changing filters, unclog toilets, daylight bulbs etc)
4. Assist with training and event set ups.
5. Complete Safety Checklist on a monthly basis
6. Maintains a current MSDS manual for chemicals used in the center
7. Attend any trainings or meetings as required by Transportation/Facility Manager
8. Assist with generating In-Kind
9. Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School Diploma or GED preferred with one year of experience in custodial care of offices or buildings;
Ability to safely operate tools and equipment used in custodial duties.
Knowledge of approved sanitation methods.
Awareness and knowledge of agency safety standards
Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others
Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions
Ability to work independently.
Employees within this classification are required to:
Pass a criminal background check.
Pass a physical examination and Complete Tuberculosis (TB) test every three years with negative results.
Valid driver's license with a driving record in compliance with RCCDC's insurance carrier requirements.
Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks
Frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and repetitive arm/hand movements.
Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs with occasional lifting of over 70 lbs., with assistance
Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities.
Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
Occasional pushing and pulling of heavy furniture and equipment
Be able to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
Position Reports to: Center Director
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt