Summary: The Kitchen Staff - Line Cook position is a team member classified based on individual location needs, and/or employee availability, as either variable hour, part-time fixed, part-time regular or a full-time hourly employee whose main responsibility is to prepare high quality products and maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen. They must have a genuine concern for ensuring quality control and must represent Cinebarre in a manner that is consistent with the Company's mission statement and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Remain knowledgeable on all food menu items, including specials and promotions
- Ensure that all food menu items are consistently prepared and served per REG's recipes, portioning, and serving standards
- Keep updated on recipe changes
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Collaborate with the managers, cooks and servers to prepare meals timely.
- Plate food according to proper procedures
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- Maintains a "clean as you go" approach throughout shift
- Labels, dates and signs all products per required
- Cook a variety of foods appropriately to maintain proper flavor and appearance
- Responsible for completion of daily kitchen logs (cooling & reheating, food temperatures, refrigerator/freezer temperatures and sanitizer solution)
- Comply with all food safety rules, laws, protocols, and standards.
- Adhere and maintain all Health Department rules and regulations
- Knowledge of proper operation and cleaning of all related equipment
- Proper use of all storerooms
- Report and maintain inventory
- Proper use of all cleaning materials per SDS
- Knowledge of all opening, closing and in between show procedures
- Knowledge of all emergency, evacuation, and robbery procedures
- Ensuring guest satisfaction - smile, greet, and thank all guests
- Must take prompt, appropriate action to turn dissatisfied guests into repeat guests
- Respond personally to guest questions and complaints
- Must be knowledgeable of correct popper operation and emergency procedures
- Knowledge and compliance of dress code
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene
- Abide by all federal and state laws with regards to breaks and/or meal periods
- Ensure lost and found items are handled in accordance with REG policy
- Must be SDS trained
- Obtain food handlers card where applicable.
- Must report any and all damages or maintenance issues to management
- Must report any and all suspicious activity, persons, or items to management immediately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One plus years' experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry. Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures. Completion of cast certification program as a cast member and as a concessionist or progress towards completion required. Completed any legally required state or local training and obtain the required certificate. Completed the Regal Entertainment Responsible Beverage Server training on Regal Online University. ServeSafe Certification preferred.
Possess good public speaking, listen effectively, and respond clearly and directly.
Perform calculations with speed and accuracy and identify and correct errors.
Identify problems, gather relevant data, and note possible causes of problems. Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives and reach conclusions based on evidence. Take action beyond what is necessarily called for. Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
Possess excellent communication skills with customers, co-workers, and management. Establish goals, budget time and set priorities to achieve desired objectives. Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; work quickly; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 60 lbs. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.