Foundations Relations Manager
We’re happy you are here. If you are looking to be part of a vibrant, inspiring, mission-driven organization full of thinkers and doers, then read on! If you aspire to apply your foundation relations talents to a transformational organization, apply for this position! Refugees International (RI) hires great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and we specifically encourage members of refugee, immigrant, or other displaced communities to join us.
When you do join us, you will be an integral contributor to a non-governmental organization that advocates for lifesaving assistance and protection for refugees and other displaced people, abiding by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence. You will be a member of the organization’s dynamic Development team, which is responsible for fostering and stewarding meaningful relationships with supporters, inspiring investment in RI’s critical work, and driving strategic growth both within our team and across the organization. You will be able to do so in a "hybrid" work environment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Foundation Relations Manager will work under the direction of the Vice President of Philanthropy on the Development team to support all foundation fundraising functions including grant research, writing, and reporting – as well as other general development tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience building strong and effective relationships internally with Programs, Strategic Outreach, and Finance colleagues and externally with foundation representatives. The Foundation Relations Manager will be a key member of a fast-paced team and organization, advancing the work and mission of Refugees International.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Portfolio Development and Growth (50%)
- Develop strategies to advance RI’s work by researching and identifying sources of support, generating new proposals based on grant guidelines and funder interests, and maintain effective communication ties with funder prospects;
- Lead the identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation of new foundation funders including tracking grant research, deadlines, and applications;
- Maintain an active and growing pipeline of prospective funders;
- Manage the production of quality and effective Letters of Inquiry (LOIs), funding proposals, and funding / engagement requests to use in outreach to prospective funders;
- Assist with creating grant funding application budgets – working in coordination with the Programs and Finance teams;
- Maintain an internal calendar of deadlines for proposals, applications, and reports; ensure data entry is current and comprehensive;
- Ensure logic models and budgets for programmatic areas are complete and kept up to date.
Portfolio Stewardship and Management (35%)
- Actively engage with existing foundation representatives – along with colleagues on Refugees International’s Programs and Strategic Outreach teams– to strengthen existing relationships inclusive of regular meetings and communications;
- Ensure execution of grant deliverables by working across teams to create a grant implementation plan with assigned roles and responsibilities including a calendar of deadlines, grant reports, etc.;
- Lead process for funding renewals with foundation funders;
- Oversight and reconciliation on grants/payments awarded and received, including appropriate allocations of staff time, accounts receivable, issuing acknowledgements, and recording in RaisersEdge CRM;
- Prepare materials for internal and external meetings and communications.
General Development Tasks (15%)
- Lead collaboration across the organization, including working across teams to ensure successful and comprehensive approach to grant activities;
- Assist the Department team and the organization with ensuring grant procedures and systems are in order and make recommendations for changes where necessary;
- Track annual and multi-year institutional gifts and commitments in RaisersEdge CRM;
- Enter data into RaisersEdge CRM database, including contacts, action items, gifts, prospect information, fund coding, award payments, gift agreements and expected report dates;
- Actively coordinate the collection of program documentation and testimonials that bolster grant applications and reports;
- Assist with similar administrative work to support Corporate Outreach (data entry, etc.);
- Provide event support;
- Assists with other duties as required.
TALENTS YOU SHOULD HAVE ARE:
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the organization and towards the people for whom Refugees International advocates;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Impressive writing and communication and communication abilities – making difficult topics convincing, urgent, and understandable;
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, with an emphasis on finding solutions and problem solving;
- 3-5 years of direct work supporting a variety of fundraising activities in nonprofits;
- Excellent knowledge of grant reporting and budget tracking, as well as development operations and contract management;
- Talent to maintain professionalism in all interactions with key constituents;
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team, to multi-task, and to be a self-starter, as well as coordinate people and processes around grant applications and stewardship;
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, RaisersEdge (a plus) or other fundraising database, and other administrative and marketing tools;
- Experience with refugee and forced displacement issues, including lived experience, preferred but not required;
- Existing relationships with a variety of donors and stakeholders.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE between $63,000-$70,000 depending on background and experience.
Your complete application will include a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, together with a résumé.
To be hired, you must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABOUT REFUGEES INTERNATIONAL
Refugees International advocates for lifesaving assistance, human rights, and protection for displaced people and promotes solutions to displacement crises around the world. The team of advocates travel to some of the world’s most severe displacement crises to investigate first-hand the challenges displaced people face, create policy solutions, and demand action.
Refugees International is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. RI encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
Refugees InternationalWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.