The Out of Home (OOH) Planner/Buyer will have overall responsibility to diligently plan, execute and negotiate all OOH media plans. This important position is responsible for flawless development and execution of our Out of Home business and developing and cultivating key partnerships to grow the agency’s capabilities and visibility within the industry.
The role will be counted on to produce professional, high quality work while developing strong and effective media plans based on sound strategies and research as well as work with vendors, clients, and internal agency departments to ensure OOH campaigns are executed on strategy.
The ideal candidate has experience planning and buying OOH campaigns across multiple markets in the US and can hit the ground running on day one. We are looking for an upbeat, outgoing Planner/Buyer who can develop strategic OOH plans and effectively present their strategy via strong written and verbal skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and lead key agency accounts being both the internal and external day to day contact
• Participates in strategy development and brainstorming meetings
• Manage OOH media plans from inception through completion including:
- Writing RFPs to be issued to vendors and ensuring that all appropriate vendors within a market are included in the request
- Negotiate OOH media buys
- Provide back-up research data to support the OOH recommendation.
- Work with Planning Teams/Agencies to ensure plans are on strategy and meet client objectives
- Oversee posting of media to ensure the campaign is executed accurately and in a timely manner
- Performs market rides as needed
• Write department POVs on new opportunities and seek/monitor new trends and opportunities within the industry
• Attend agency meetings including vendor and client as needed
• Cross check plans and all supporting documents for accuracy (billing, specs, contracts etc.)
• Oversee the contracting process with approved media buys and ensure adherence to process
• Actively develop and maintain strong Media Vendor relationships
• Attend Industry and client-related functions and networking events 1- 2 times a month, outside normal business hours
- Eagerly assist in other areas of Agency business as may be needed
• 3 – 5 years planning/buying OOH media experience in an agency setting
- Knowledge of Broadcast (TV & Radio) planning is preferred
• Must pay extreme attention to detail and be able to proof-read documents for accuracy
• Must be highly organized, with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to integrate and work successfully with various agency teams, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure
• Understanding of basic media planning terms and concepts such as GRPs, ROI, reach and frequency
• Ability to work independently on key plans/accounts with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to compile and analyze market and financial data for effective decision making
- Ability to develop custom solutions tailored to client needs
- Ability to research, and understand the customer's perspective and their competitive options
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Comprehensive knowledge of media and advertising industry
- 10% travel required, occasional trips to NYC office required
- Seasonality of the business may require additional work hours
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to complete a background check. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position