Refuel Agency is searching for a Director of Sales with a vision for creating a world-class Sales Operations function to support our fast-growing agency. This individual will support the CRO to optimize our sales force effectiveness and manage functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, pricing, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. The role is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the CRO, the Director, Sales fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
· Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the CRO, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the Agencies business goals
· Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
· Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization
· Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the Agency
· Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership
· Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
· Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives
· Partners with CRO and Sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
· Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
· Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
· Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity
· Deliver performance reviews for each individual rep in accordance with company standards
· Coach individual sales representatives one-on-one through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance
· Complete client need analysis to ensure media proposals meet client goals and objectives
· Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients
· Prospect qualified leads and pursue new business by presenting to clients and agencies in live meetings and via phone
· Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner
· Internally cultivate relationships, remove barriers and participate in problem solving
· Ensure achievement of personal sales goals, and aggregate monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals from all direct sales reports as assigned
· Participate in sales calls to assist in closing business
Knowledge and Skills:
· Working knowledge of Office 365 and MS-CRM
· Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Demonstrable competency in building and presenting training content
· Collaboration skills to interface with leaders and move timelines forward
· Strong proficiency for persuasive and clear writing
· Confidence in your understanding of the motion of sales (what is effective and what is not) and in defining and teaching sales processes
· Strong Leadership and communication skills
· Ability to customize and modify the CRM solution to meet business needs
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work with and support internal users and provide excellent customer service
· Promote proper utilization of the CRM system
· Ability to be a self-starter, be attentive to details, and work independently
· Ability to compile and analyze market and financial data for effective decision making
· Ability to establish rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels internally and externally
· Ability to prioritize while on a deadline
· Ability to reason clearly and handle problem resolution professionally
· Ability to work in fast paced, project oriented, team environment
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 7+ years of experience of progressive and relevant sales, sales leadership and sales support administration experience
· Familiarity with CRM or database systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 or prior versions of Dynamics
· 15%-20% travel may be required
· The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position
Why Work Here?Refuel Agency is the largest provider of Media + Marketing services specializing in and reaching military, teen, college and multicultural niche audiences throughout the United States. Refuel Agency has locations to serve our clients across the country including offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Princeton, NJ.
“Refuel Agency is a growing media and marketing company who specializes in reaching the Military, Multicultural and Youth Markets.