The Body Image Therapy Center (TBITC) in Baltimore, MD, is seeking a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) for our outpatient, Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and Partial Hospital Programs for eating disorders.
While working as part of multi-disciplinary treatment team, the Nurse Practitioner will have the following responsibilities:
- Provided medical and medication management and evaluations for adolescents and adults
- Administer EKG and interpret results
- Order blood labs and review results for signs of eating disorder pathology
- Collect urine labs and assess for eating disorder pathology
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner
- Keep detailed and accurate documentation of interventions with patients
- Participate with the multidisciplinary team in the development/review of treatment planning and case assignment
- Communicate with collateral contacts at other agencies regarding client treatment and needs
- Available during business hours for insurance reviews
- Respond to emergency situations with clients and families
- Apply and enforce policy and regulations
- Provide in-service training and education to staff and clients as needed
- Maintains medical safety standards
- Serves as a liaison between administration, physicians, pharmacy, clinical staff and clients
The Body Image Therapy Center (TBITC) is a comprehensive outpatient treatment program for those with eating disorders in Baltimore and Columbia, MD, Washington, DC. Our mission is to provide unparalleled behavioral health services to clients and their families struggling with eating disorders, mental health, substance abuse and self-harm behaviors.
The Body Image Therapy Center is a proud member of the Refresh Mental Health Network. To find more jobs like this at all of the Refresh Locations go to:
About Refresh Mental Health:
Refresh Mental Health is the parent company of premiere outpatient mental health, substance abuse & eating disorder practices across the US. We are one of the largest and fastest growing private behavioral health companies in the US with over 700 clinicians and 21 practices in 15 states. We are actively seeking partnerships with counselors, therapists and other behavioral healthcare providers nationwide. Our goal is to provide an excellent working environment and resources for clinicians, so they can focus on what they do best — providing exemplary care to clients.
Refresh is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Refresh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing required
- Must have an active Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) license in Maryland
- Minimum of 1 year of nurse practitioner experience required
- Previous experience providing nursing operations in an eating disorder setting is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, patient relations, time management skills and safety awareness are required