- High school graduate or equivalent. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years of related office experience, preferably in outpatient registration and insurance verification.
- No special certification, registration or license required, but will be highly regarded
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent telephone etiquette, interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills and an ability to type at least 40 WPM.
- Knowledge of the Care Cloud scheduling/registration system and/or other automated scheduling/registration system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology is a must.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Problems presented may require advanced analytical skills and highly developed communication/service delivery skills in order to successfully handle anxious or confused patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
a.Works insurance claim denials in a timely fashion to insure correct processing / payment is received
b. Processes / Runs monthly reports for 30, 60, 90 Patient balances
c. Collects appropriate balances due from patients
d. Processes / Runs monthly reports for 30, 60, 90 Insurance balances
e. Disputes claims with the insurance for improper processing / payment
f. Calculate appropriate patient fees based on the proper insurance fee schedule
g. Verification of benefits online and by phone
h. Acquires appropriate authorization/s for visits within a timely fashion
i. Follow ups on authorizations pending an approval
j. Obtain patient PCP referrals when required for HMO plans
k. Notifies patients when a provider is not a network participant
l. Completes the ‘Daily Check-In’ to the fullest ability with accuracy
m. Notifies patients about fees due upon arrival
Hours and Pay:
Monday through Friday 9:30 AM-6:00 PM
Salary is dependent on experience and ability to assume a variety of roles. Testing administered after the interview process to determine aptitude and skill level personality etc.