The North America Supply Chain Finance, Senior Financial Analyst will assist with the Refresco North America business unit reporting, budgeting/forecasting, financial support and training to internal customers, period end close/accounting & controls, and management of analysis of manufacturing activities. This position will also provide basic support in financial closing process (month-end journal entries, account reconciliation, etc.). The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with other functional departments and perform ad hoc analyses to drive plant efficiency and performance. This position reports to the Plant Controller.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Support operations excellence through in-depth analysis and reporting of daily/weekly/monthly plant performance and cost drivers (ie labor)
- Assist in the preparation and support of routine month-end closing entries and account reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Partner with inventory control coordinators in investigating inventory discrepancies. Provide technical guidance and support to the inventory control coordinator in inventory transactions.
- Develop a process for reviewing waste, identifying key drivers and push forward for process improvements that will help in reporting and cost reduction.
- Assist in the review of customer claims and provide guidance as to plant responsibility.
- Assist with the development of the monthly, weekly, quarterly, forecasting process for North America manufacturing consolidation, reporting, and analysis. Responsible for tracking financial forecast accuracy and bias and identifying root causes issues for solutions, as well as driving improvements.
- Assist the Controller with the annual budget process for the North American manufacturing plants including plant level budgeting, regional/BU consolidation, and cause of change analysis.
- Work with Operations to ensure processes are followed and enhanced for purchase orders, spare part counts, P-card compliance and invoice resolution.
- Provide cycle count coverage for inventory control functions as needed.
- The development of new and/or improved financial reporting and validation processes for plant manufacturing. This includes, but not limited to:
- Automating/Optimizing reporting (ad-hoc and period end), accuracy and timeliness through tools such as BW and SAP.
- Refining weekly/monthly waste reporting processes.
- Developing Operational and Financial KPI’s for manufacturing cost trends.
- Process Order Variance SME/support
- Work with Operations and Engineering business partners to assist with monthly capital activity reporting, capital budget and capital cash flow forecasting activities.
- Provide other ad hoc reporting, process optimization, development and other projects as required
- Business Support & Training: Train & educate operational business partners and other internal customers on best practices and system enhancements. This could include, but not limited to:
- Provide training & documentation on all plant accounting related items, including waste, process order review, AOP/Forecasting, inventory transactions, and purchase order transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial SOPs and documentation.
- Partner and assist in supporting the Supply Chain Finance and Operations teams on technical research and troubleshooting supply chain reporting related issues related to manufacturing. Act as subject matter expert on manufacturing financials and financial drivers.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and eager to learn other software applications
- SAP/BI experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills, with demonstrated critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement in previous roles.
- High level of accountability. A self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task, and work in an organized, detailed manner under limited time frames & tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability explain results, document processes, and convey ideas.
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency, able to work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate in Finance or Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 3 - 5 years financial business experience required
- Experience in forecasting and analysis
- Demonstrated data mining capabilities, and can develop analytical models, tools, and reports