Reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations for the West region, the Manager of Plant Operations is responsible for the entire manufacturing plant operations. Generally directs the plant through supervision, sharing information, taking or directing corrective action as required and recognizing achievements.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Leads compliance with all Safe Quality Food and Food safety requirements for the facility.
- Operates the plant in accordance with corporate and plant policies, customer requirements, approved budgets.
- Provide leadership and sets objectives for the plant based on corporate goals and customer needs.
- Communicate plant production related requirements and solutions to the relevant departments
- Analysis of plant results, discussing areas of concern with the management team
- Conduct plant production meetings with plant employees, and salary associates.
- Directly observe operating departments on a regular basis to ensure the quality of production and adherence to sanitation and safety standards.
- Ensures the fulfillment of customer orders within the specifications of quality, quantity and cost.
- Manages the assigned business metrics including yield, labor efficiency, and overhead expenses.
- Demonstrates leadership to production and warehouse employees to ensure consistent quality of work.
- Maintains effective communication of expectations and goals throughout the plant environment.
- Develop and communicate business impact with weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports and presentations in Excel and Power Point. Make regular presentations to Managements teams on performance.
- Ensure compliance to all OHSA and environmental regulatory and corporate standards. Investigate and identify root causes of any non-compliance.
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction as well as energy and waste minimization.
- Oversee effective deployment of human resources throughout the plant and ensure the correct administration of the collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Responsible for reviewing SQF Annual Review checklist with Management.
- Determine and implement key Quality Food Safety objectives, and determine who is responsible and assign a time frame for competition.
- Responsible for site security /Food defense.
- Responsible for Business Continuity Team: decision making, oversight and investigating actions arising from a crisis management incident.
- Experience in Food/ Beverage Manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP and Power Point
- Proven Leadership experience in a Production environment
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, results oriented
- Able to work under deadline pressures
- Organized and detail oriented, adaptable to change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 10 years+ relevant work experience in Management.
- Physical-Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirements to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Visual/Sensory-This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment- Work and environment are very repetitive.
- Mental Stress- There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.