Electro Mechanical Technician
Summary of Position:
Responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of beverage manufacturing and packaging equipment requiring a strong mechanical skills base to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems and PLC usage.
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Acts as the “first responder” when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on site to correct any problems quickly using PLC, electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Support the facility’s food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Utilizes the CMMS to open and close out work orders, check out spare parts, and other activities as required in the plant.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Reviews maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Examine objects, systems or facilities and analyze information to determine needed repairs.
- Proven proficiency working with Basic Tool Room Equipment, Hydraulic systems, Programmable Logic Controllers and Ladder Logic.
- Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; seeks out feedback and responds without defensiveness; continuously finds ways to improve.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Required Education, Work Experience & Certifications:
- Candidates must successfully pass the Ramsey Mechanical (Electrical) Skills and Aptitude Assessment in order to be considered.
- 3+ years experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance is a must!
- Strong Electrical/Electronic troubleshooting and repair skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- Standing, walking, kneeling and bending approximately 85% of day
- Computer and administrative work approximately 15% of day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively.
· Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
· Vacation, Personal Days and Company Paid Holidays
· Pension, 401K, Short Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts offered.
Applicants must have a stable work history to be considered ... this is defined as at least three years at each employer in your past history.
Refresco is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran