The Human Resources Business Partner is a key member of the leadership team responsible for developing and administering short and long term HR initiatives. On a daily basis this includes managing associate relations, performance management, recruitment, compensation, internal & external compliance, risk/ safety, on-boarding, regulatory training and working with center leaders to create a positive work environment. Partner with Talent Acquisition Team to ensure that new hires are best in class and hired in timely manner based on manpower projections.
- Participate as member of senior team center leadership to ensure employees at all levels are treated fairly in compliance with company, state and federal policies, regulations and laws.
- Ability to lead complex associate relations investigations and recommend course of action.
- Conducts first line and management training on topics to include harassment, diversity, workplace policies etc.
- Identify and utilize appropriate methods and tools to recruit qualified candidates to meet staffing needs (i.e. college recruitment, partner with local resources)
- Leads in the recruitment of leadership positions ensuring that incumbents have the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful and will instill a positive work environment focusing on exceeding customer needs.
- Ability to multitask and handle heavy work load.
- Collaborate with management on workers’ compensation issues to ensure compliance
- Serve as conduit with employees and total rewards department regarding company benefits including health and welfare, FMLA, etc.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and be perceived as an approachable and knowledgeable resource.
- Validates performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Ensures compensation equity within the department.
- Ability to supervisor Talent Acquisition Coordinator
- Partner with National HR team as needed
- Develops professional contacts in the local service community to share best practices and enhance business relationships (e.g., College recruitment, Workforce development).
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Minimum Required: Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Five (5) years management experience in Human Resource within a Contact Center environment with prior experience in staffing and associate relations.
- Experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience conducting first line and management training
- Union experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional Human Resource (PHR) - Preferred
CORE COMPETENCIES – The core competencies reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities required for incumbents to be successful in their areas of responsibility. The scope of each competency may not be fully inclusive and may vary based on the overall job responsibilities.
- Vision/Values – Supports values and daily actions and decision, communicates vision and values to others, generates enthusiasm,, incorporates vision when planning.
- Customer focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- Team Leadership – Anticipates and resolves conflicts, turns team diversity into an advantage, uses unique team talents, defines processes and goals, works for consensus.
- Budget/Cost control – Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Managing conflict – Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts; finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Hiring – Defines position requirements and necessary skills, recruits large applicant pool, prepares for and conducts good interviews, values both experience and potential, selects appropriate candidates, builds teams with complementary skills, promotes diversity.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Creativity/Innovation - Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Decision making/ Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions.
- Manages Performance - Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful; provides guidance and assistance to improve performance.
- Attention to detail- Plans and completes work with thoroughness, giving attention to specific information and individual details, conditions, necessary record keeping, and elements of that work.
- Manages Change - Promotes an atmosphere that sustains ongoing change efforts; leads and supports others during change; anticipates and prepares for change; establishes goals or objectives of change management process.
- Coaches and develops others – Provides people with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to develop themselves. Determines employees’ training needs, works with employees to produce continuous development plans, and provides feedback and coaching to help employees develop in current roles and for future roles. Promotes continuous learning.
- Using a keyboard
The position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Knowledgeable in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Experience with applicant tracking systems and HRIS applications.