*THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN CONCORDVILLE, PA*
The role is responsible for accurately following batch instruction sheets, dispensing and weighing dry ingredients, recording ingredient weights and lot numbers. The batcher will need to physically lift ingredient bags up to 50 lbs and manually open 1 to 5 gallon pails and jugs. Must have computer skills for requesting bulk ingredients through HMI (Human Machine Interface). Will require batcher to operator cleaning in place (CIP) system and use and transfer cleaning chemicals. Batcher will also be responsible for taste testing batches when complete.
- Responsible for QC tests of incoming raw materials, goods in progress, finished goods and packaging, with appropriate reaction to any out of specification situations.
- Test raw materials to approve or reject new vendors, prepare samples for sales presentations, taste panels, and visitors.
- Order, receive, and store raw materials, including liquid sugar (HFCS), concentrates, and other additives used in the manufacturing process.
- Retrieval of samples, testing and analysis and documentation of results.
- Interface with production management teams where appropriate.
- Coordinate efficient production line start-ups and change-overs of process equipment.
- Batch syrup using correct formulation and mixing instructions.
- Review daily production schedules to coordinate what product to run on the proportioner.
- Initiate corrective action for out of compliance situations, including QC holds and defective material reporting.
- Carry out Line audits ensuring that GMP's are being followed and adhered to.
- Collect samples daily as required for TA, brix, Co2, TOA and retain, however not limited to this sampling plan.
- Calibrate lab testing equipment.
- Maintain other related documentation as related to the position
- Maintain all laboratory instrumentation in proper working condition.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the batching and sugar rooms.
- Complete sample analysis to ensure compliance to all Customer and Corporate testing requirements and product specifications.
- Ensure all Safety Standards (Company or Regulatory) are met at all times.
- Ensure all Company Good Manufacturing Standards are met at all times.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of production lines following the appropriate process as determined by flavor characteristics and the sanitation matrix.
· Will work regularly around moving mechanical parts and equipment and in outside weather conditions. Regularly exposed to wet floors, humid conditions, cold conditions, and caustic chemicals. Noise level requires hearing protection. Will occasionally lift up to 75 pounds during shift. Will regularly be required to walk stand, use of hands and fingers, handle objects, tools, controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally be required to sit, climb and or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell., taste Vision requirements are close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 2 years in a fast moving packaged goods environment
- Good knowledge of health and safety, hygiene rules and regulations
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and to work under minimum supervision.
- Experience in performing quality checks (e.g. visual checks through to detailed analysis of product specifications).
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment (i.e. HPLC, pH meter, balances, filtration apparatus, incubators).
- Strong PC skills (Excel and Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter and detail oriented
- Real SPC and SAP knowledge a plus!