Refractory Service, Inc. a specialized industrial contractor, with over 60 years in the business, is looking to expand its sales force in the lower Midwest. The Industrial Outside Sales position will be responsible for calling on accounts in Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota with the potential to grow in the future. This position will be remote, but supported by our South St Paul, MN office. Candidates that live within the territory or who are willing to relocate there will be considered.
Individuals with refractory sales experience are especially encouraged to apply. Those with renewable energy, industrial, and/or foundry sales experience in other forms are also encouraged to apply.
The position entails:
- Traveling, selling, forming relationships, cold calling, communicating with the office, and following up with customers and leads as needed.
- Understanding value added selling is a must.
The primary product being sold is refractory construction services and repairs. Additionally there will be some refractory material distribution sales. Primary markets served include: renewable energy plants, foundry, power generation, die casting, investment casting, commercial and industrial boilers, paper mills, steel mills, etc.
Products include, but are not limited to:
- Construction/Installation services
- Refractory Plastic
- Ceramic Fiber
- Must have a driver's license and clean driving history.
- Ability to travel within Midwest.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter.
- Must be willing to grow a territory, and be accountable for it.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to generate sales and call reports, written communication as well as verbal.
- Must be able to conform to all safety and other employee handbook rules. Desirable Skills (Not necessarily required, will train the right candidate}
- Having an understanding of basic refractory products, and basic installation techniques, or a strong aptitude to quickly learn.
- Previous sales, renewable energy, and/or refractory experience in some form.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Salary Position with Incentive Plan
- Company Vehicle and Cell Phone
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Variable Pay Bonus
- 401k Participation
- Section 125 Plan
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. This description is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. COST of Wisconsin Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.