- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Program Facilitator (in-school)
REPORTS TO: Programs Manager
SALARY: $20+/hr (based on education and experience)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time, Per Diem
Polished Pebbles, an Illinois Gold Star rated mentoring program, is a Chicago-based mentoring initiative that increases the communication skills and employ-ability of young women for the future workplace. Polished Pebbles helps girls ages 7-17 become effective communicators at home, school, and their future careers. The organization currently serves 500+ girls and young women per school year in Indiana, Texas, and North Carolina and the Chicagoland area across 30+ schools and community sites.
The Program Facilitator is responsible for preparing Polished Pebbles core programming and leading activities for young girls. Facilitators are required to work in a collaborative manner with the School Representatives and volunteers to safely and effectively guide the activities and programs.
The Program Facilitator will also have a vital role in serving as a role model and mentor to program participants, helping to increase their confidence; motivating and encouraging them to be active participants in the activities; promoting their long-term involvement and providing evaluation and feedback to ensure our programs stay relevant to all girls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead sessions held during the school day, or during after school program hours, (on an as-needed basis) throughout the duration of the school year and year-round for open forums
- Report daily attendance and session summaries to Compliance and Accounting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of school and business partnerships
- Promote regular attendance and active participation of students
- Foster a setting that assists with self-disclosure, understanding, and overall support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required or 10+ years of equivalent experience. (degree preferred in human services, psychology, social work, Non-Profit management, or related field)
- At least 2 years of experience in youth development programming, youth group facilitation, or training; (preferred in elementary and/or high school students from urban, low-income / underserved communities.)
- Proven track record of success in working with girls from a variety of communities, specifically those that live in urban communities;
- Experience with implementing job readiness programming is preferred
- Demonstrated capacity for empathy and non-judgment. Demonstrated ability and desire to create a fun learning environment with full commitment and alignment to program objectives
- Ability to meet the requirements of Chicago Public Schools and other school districts to work in their facilities including COVID-19 requirements.
- Bi-Lingual a bonus but not required
Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring ProgramWhy Work Here?
Great Chicago-based organization with national and global reach, great impact with girls and young women!
Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program provides girls with the opportunity to learn the vital life skill of effective communication. In conjunction with schools, public and social service agencies, universities, and business and industry partners, Polished Pebbles is designed to teach girls, and young women, the importance of communication skills in the workplace, at school, and in their communities. Our mentoring program incorporates women from various Chicago communities who mentor elementary, middle school and high school students, and includes store tours/site visits; school visits by the mentors, and job shadowing experiences for the girls.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program