Mentoring Program Facilitator
- $25 to $30 Hourly
JOB TITLE: Program Facilitator (in-school)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
SALARY: $25 - $30/hr (based on education and experience)
We are seeking Part-Time and On-Call Mentors!
Polished Pebbles, an Illinois Gold Star rated mentoring program, is a Chicago-based mentoring initiative that increases the communication skills and employability of young women for the future workplace. Polished Pebbles helps girls ages 7-17 become effective communicators at home, school, and their future careers. The organization currently serves 1,500+ girls and young women per school year across the Chicagoland area in 50+ schools and community sites.
The Program Facilitator is responsible for facilitating and supporting Polished Pebbles curriculum and leading activities for the mentees and Polished Pebbles stakeholders helping to increase their confidence, encouraging active participation and long-term involvement across all Polished Pebbles Programs. Program Facilitators are also responsible for the timely collection of compliance data for effective program evaluation and feedback to ensure our programs stay relevant to all mentees. Facilitators contributions as Team Members serve as a strong foundation to drive organizational programming and operations.
This positions requires access to reliable transportation to commute to different sites throughout the shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facilitation & Program Support
Lead in-person sessions held during the school day or during after school program hours during the academic school year.
Lead sessions virtually and/or in-person sessions during the summer months for various Polished Pebbles Programming.
Facilitate the program curriculum to appeal to middle and high school girls in an interactive, engaging and empowering learning environment.
Work to ensure that assigned Polished Pebbles Programs meet performance goals, grants requirements and program objectives.
Follow the direction of the Program Managers updates to programming, curriculum, and scheduling.
Assist in the development and maintenance of school, community, and business partnerships as well as maintain collaborative relationships with Polished Pebbles Partners, Clients, and Customers.
Create an inviting and safe environment for students, school, community, and business partners.
Promote and maintain regular program attendance and active participation of students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required. (degree preferred in Education, human services, psychology, Non-Profit management, or related field)
- At least 2 years of experience in youth development programming, youth group facilitation, or training; (preferred in elementary and/or high school students from urban, low-income / underserved communities.)
- Proven track record of success in working with girls from a variety of communities, specifically those that live in urban communities;
- Experience with implementing job readiness programming is preferred
- Demonstrated capacity for empathy and non-judgment. Demonstrated ability and desire to create a fun learning environment with full commitment and alignment to program objectives
- Ability to meet the requirements of Chicago Public Schools and other school districts to work in their facilities including COVID-19 requirements.
- Bi-Lingual a bonus but not required
Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program
3700 S Iron StreetChicago, IL
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.