LatinX Workforce Development Program Coordinator
- $25 to $31 Hourly
This a new opportunity with Polished Pebbles!
The LatinX Workforce Development Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to creatively contribute to this new program's direction and growth. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the successful planning, execution, and analysis of assigned Polished Pebbles LatinX Workforce Development programs. This position will support the primary compliance, operational, and administrative functioning for Polished Pebbles LatinX programming across various schools and community sites. Must be bilingual in Spanish
The Program Coordinator will focus on three major areas:
- Recruit participants for each program cycle and perform outreach to community and collaborating organizations.
- Recruit and engage volunteers in all aspects of the program.
- Plans and manages outreach activities for increased awareness of Polished Pebbles programs in targeted LatinX communities and schools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required or 8+ years of equivalent experience.
- Degree preferred in human services, psychology, social work, Non-Profit management, or related field
- 2 years of experience in youth development programming, workforce development youth group facilitation, or training;
- preferred in elementary and/or high school students from urban, low-income / underserved communities
- Ability to meet the requirements of Chicago Public Schools and other school districts to work in their facilities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suites google research, and Google Workspace
- Active Mandated Reporter (Must show proof of Certification)
- Current CPR/AED certification (Must show proof of certification)
- Provide own transportation and adequate insurance.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Demonstrated capacity for empathy and non-judgment.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to create a fun learning environment with full commitment and alignment to program objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all Polished Pebbles Stakeholders (Mentees, Funders, Board of Directors, School Administrators, Community Partners, and Parents)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize appropriately and manage all assigned projects and tasks efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and always work toward resolution
- Ability to be an effective Polished Pebbles ambassador; always positively representing Polished Pebbles to the Mentees, Funders, Board of Directors, School Administrators, Community Partners, and Parents
Equal Employment Opportunity
Polished Pebbles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. Polished Pebbles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination.
Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program
3700 South IronChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.