Director of Programs
Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Polished Pebbles, an Illinois Gold Star-rated mentoring program, is a Chicago-based mentoring initiative that increases the communication skills and employability of young women for the future workplace. Polished Pebbles helps girls ages 7-17 become effective communicators at home, school, and their future careers. The organization currently serves 500+ girls and young women per school year in Chicagoland, Indiana, Texas, and North Carolina.
In this newly established role, the Director of Programs will be responsible for the operational success of Polished Pebbles Programs ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control, and evaluation. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director and manages a team of Facilitators, Coordinators, and Program Managers.
- This role has oversight over the program operations of ALL PP Programming including Every Girl is a CEO, Pink Hard Hat Project, and Mommy & Me.
- Develop and implementation of program evaluations, data collection for student participants, compile data into an operational summary, and support Development Department with program data for reports as needed.
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure they are abreast of any upcoming programs and programming changes.
- Represent the agency in the community, exploring community collaborations and developing supplemental support services for youth.
- Ensure all Polished Pebbles program sites are meeting all required objectives by ensuring the logistics of program sites are functioning appropriately.
- Create and maintain a seamless process for securing all program compliance and reporting.
- Create a continuous quality improvement plan for meeting program objectives and evaluation outcomes that are aligned to PP’s strategic plan.
Team Leadership & Development
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all programs, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- Recruit, hire and oversee training and orientation of all team members.
- Train all new team members on program evaluation requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comfortable working in inclusive and diverse environments.
- Comfortable working with and engaging young girls.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Proven planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluation skills; can work in a well-planned and organized manner; can follow through multiple deliverables.
- Organization and people savvy; can make informed decisions; can collaborate, lead and develop others, influence, forge strong partnerships and maintain cordial, professional relationships.
- Creative and innovative in the fields of youth enrichment and mentoring.
- Comfortable dealing with change, multiple competing priorities, and fluid environment; flexible and adaptable especially when faced with challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate in a variety of settings and styles appropriately.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred. (preferred in education, human services, psychology, social work, or related field);
- Must have 2 years of previous programming experience
- 4-5 years of experience in youth development programming, youth group facilitation, or training;
- Experience working with girls from a variety of communities, specifically those that live in urban communities.
Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring ProgramWhy Work Here?
Great Chicago-based organization with national and global reach, great impact with girls and young women!
Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program provides girls with the opportunity to learn the vital life skill of effective communication. In conjunction with schools, public and social service agencies, universities, and business and industry partners, Polished Pebbles is designed to teach girls, and young women, the importance of communication skills in the workplace, at school, and in their communities. Our mentoring program incorporates women from various Chicago communities who mentor elementary, middle school and high school students, and includes store tours/site visits; school visits by the mentors, and job shadowing experiences for the girls.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Reflections Foundation/ Polished Pebbles Girls Mentoring Program