Wealth Management offers solutions that optimize productivity and enhance the practice, while engaging high new worth audiences. Our solutions empower your advisors with perspectives that go beyond the headlines, and capabilities that add value to client relationships. Our solutions provide the market data that will support advisory relationships and guide clients through investment decisions, with easy-to-use analytical tools. From the front to the back office, Refinitiv's wealth management solutions offer best-in-class infrastructure, news and market content that match your business requirements and will delight your customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced and financial services oriented professional to take on the role of Senior QA Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the testing and overall quality of the deliverables their project team builds to enhance our suite of financial products. This role will influence a cross functional project team and is accountable to coordinate and execute of end-to-end testing needs in partnership with the other members of their project team. The role requires balancing time across multiple tasks or projects, learning and understanding complex brokerage-related concepts, quality reporting, performing independent test design, testing, and test documentation as well as strong situational awareness and relationship management skills.
- Independently develop effective testing plans, test scenarios, test cases and requirements traceability for projects, all to company standards
- Identify and coordinate testing work on a software project team
- Define clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs, outputs and error conditions
- Lead and mentor the project team on the QA process and company standards
- Design test cases with automation in mind
- Drive the testing process from analysis to production validation
- Perform test data creation or setup for all planned test execution activities
- Execute the testing for your project team (manual and/or automated); may include functional, integration and regression as well as assisting with user acceptance testing
Reporting and Metrics:
- Proactively identify project risk and work with the team and management to mitigate
- Manage bug reporting and proactively identify areas of improvement
- Track the results of testing and report on key metrics
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent career and performance experience
- Practical experience testing software - familiarity with and/or willingness to work with mainframe 3270 (green-screen) applications is a must
- Understanding of web service testing, UI testing and back-end testing helpful
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Ability to convert requirements into meaningful, effective and detailed test cases
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques including White, Black and Gray box testing; regression, negative, system, unit testing, etc.
- Software testing certification preferred but not required
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the worldregardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America