Associate Sports Editor
Referee Enterprises, Inc. Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Editorial Team Position
Referee is hiring for its editorial team! We’re looking for someone as “geeked” out about officiating as we are.
- Someone with enough officiating experience that they can help their fellow officials with a tricky rule situation or on the nuances of positioning for a particular play – someone who knows officiating’s lingo and can easily navigate their way through a rulebook, casebook or mechanics manual.
- Someone with editing and writing experience that they can craft clean prose for publication, tackle delicate features stories of great significance for the officiating industry, edit contributor and freelance pieces to a high standard, and oversee the magazine and multiple book projects through the production process on tight deadlines.
That’s a unique skillset. If you’ve got your feet in both the officiating and publishing worlds – and you want to join the company at the epicenter of the officiating industry — we want to hear from you!
Minimum Required Experience:
- Officiating experience at the high-school level or above in one or more of the following sports: basketball, baseball, football, softball, soccer or football. (Preferred experience: Multisport officials.)
- Experience writing and editing content for publication. (Preferred experience: Print and/or online journalism.)
Last year alone, our company produced a monthly magazine, monthly Referee/NASO print/digital newsletters, 50+ books, more than 100 client newsletters (print/online), thousands of pages of web/app content and a dozen training videos. We also manage NASO, the nation’s largest officiating education, protection and advocacy group – including its annual Sports Officiating Summit.
Because we interact constantly with our other sports officials in the building and with our other departments (creative, marketing, sales, customer service, etc.), we want our employees working with us in the building. That means a relocation to Southeastern Wisconsin. Yes, we recognize that in today’s digital world working from afar is possible. (And we do use freelancers from around the country that do just that.) But for our team, the ones that produce and manage all of this content, the daily interactions mean something — they are invaluable. We want our key workers here. And you will want to be here, immersed in this important work in the officiating industry.
The position is full-time and with full benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, send cover letter and resume (including detailing officiating experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Referee Enterprises, Inc. Attn.: Employment
Referee Magazine, 2017 Lathrop Ave., Racine, WI 53405
These positions will garner a lot of interest — full-time jobs in officiating don’t come up very often. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re looking for a new challenge that takes you to new places — literally and figuratively.
Referee Enterprises, Inc.
2017 Lathrop Ave.Milwaukee, WI
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Referee Enterprises, Inc.