THIS POSTING IS FOR A POSITION IN CHATTANOOGA, TN
What we’re About
At Reeves Young, everything we do – from 30 feet below the ground to 30 floors above – is about people. The culture we cultivate spreads throughout our employees and flows into the relationships we build with our clients, owners, and business partners. We pride ourselves in celebrating the accomplishments of our staff and promoting growth through challenging our employees each and every day. Whether it’s in the boardroom or at the ping-pong table, we are making an impact on the construction industry. Don’t just read what we’re about, join our team and see for yourself.
What We Offer
- Amazing Coworkers
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and more
- 401(K) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Company Celebrations & Events
What Can You Expect
This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of assigned heavy equipment safely and appropriately. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. Using these machines, this position is responsible for digging holes and trenches, compacting soil, lifting heavy objects, and moving earth.
What You Bring to the Table
- Operates heavy equipment such as water trucks, excavators, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors and other pieces of equipment
- Transports and delivers materials to various destinations at the Jobsite
- Perform street maintenance and excavation work
- Services and performs general and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Check fluid equipment levels daily
- Installs and maintains signs and fencing
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
- Cleans heavy equipment as needed
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Coordinates work with Pipelayer and Laborer positions
- Responsible for the safety of individuals in the trench
What You Should Know
- Must possess knowledge of heavy equipment operation techniques involved in the performance of moving earth, grading, digging, compacting and lifting heavy objects
- Skilled in heavy equipment operation
- Precision and detail-oriented with the ability to follow directions closely
- Display mechanical aptitude, good hand-eye coordination and the ability to operate the valves, levers, handwheels and other controls on the machines
- Skill in both verbal and written communications
- Must be able to work independently and is expected to maintain a schedule of work
- Performing general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials
- Controlling machines and processes by using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate tools or processes
- Handling and moving objects by using hands and arms in the handling, installing, positioning and moving materials and manipulating things
- Getting information by observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat
- Must be trained in all required safety procedures with all associated certifications.
Visit our website at www.reevesyoung.com to learn more about our growing team and the opportunities we are creating for people just like YOU!
Reeves Young is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free, smoke-free workplace. We participate in E-Verify. We perform background checks—we drug test.
Reeves Young LLC