Title: Director Consumer Insights, Qualitative
Location: CT - Fairfield
Brand strategy and design consultancy with a specialization in product and packaging innovation needs a strong market research professional with a qualitative focus in the consumer package goods industry. This role needs a solid moderator first and CPG industry focus is secondary.
There is a lot of online moderating but the firm has a focus facility on site as well. RIVA or Burke credentials are a plus. The role is currently work from home but will require the person to be able to come to the office at some point. As the Research Division continues to grow, we have an exciting opportunity for a curious, conscientious and savvy research professional to apply their skills as a Director on our Consumer & Market Research team.
The Consumer Insights Director (based out of Fairfield, CT) will lead the planning, coordination and execution of multiple research projects, managing the day-to-day research-related tasks from planning through report delivery. This role will collaborate with other market researchers (internally and externally), industrial and graphic designers, technology and commercialization teams and have direct contact with research clients throughout a given project. Desire and ability to moderate consumer research (focus groups and IDIs) is necessary for success in this role.
- Plan, manage and facilitate qualitative and quantitative research using the appropriate tools with consideration to the project budget
- Define appropriate research objectives that are consistent with client/project objectives
- Plan, manage and moderate qualitative research, including in-person ethnographies and one-on-one interviews, digital ethnographies, online bulletin boards, video diaries, focus groups and ideation sessions
- Analyze and capture qualitative and quantitative research findings and provide consolidated executive summary of key learnings
- Ensure design team is fully briefed on consumer learning to inform, focus and confirm design directions
- Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative research findings to client team via thoughtful, clear and succinct research reports that provide actionable insights
- Assist the VP Consumer Research in preparation of research capabilities to prospective clients including past case studies
- Develop and maintain appropriate level client relationships with current and prospective research clients
- Seek out new and manage existing relationships with relevant research suppliers
- Assist VP Consumer Research on scouting new and innovative insights solutions, remain on the cutting edge of research tools and trends emerging in the marketplace, including more cost-effective options
- Support VP Consumer Research by ensuring high-quality and timeliness of work product deliverables, as well as collaborating on all research marketing materials
- 10+ years of experience in the marketing research field, preferably with experience in CPG
- A degree in the field of marketing research, marketing or social sciences. MBA a plus.
- Experience in executing qualitative research; some experience in quantitative preferred
- Experience moderating consumer sessions with a RIVA or equivalent moderator training
- Fluency in MS Office (Outlook, MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to present work in a articulate, enthusiastic and professional manner
- Naturally inquisitive in nature, with a knack for uncovering insights and patterns
Reeve & Associates
Why Work Here?Reeve & Associates is a leading nationwide recruiting firm focused exclusively upon staffing market research, marketing, sales and related positions.
We are specialists in our niche.