- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary:Performs a variety of secretarial duties for Community Association attorneys to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys, supervisors, and staff. Observes confidentiality of client matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Composes letters, memos and various other court documents. Prepares documents for delivery to court with appropriate formatting, copies, and court fees. Proofreads all work completely and carefully. Timely scans all documents into Software program.
· Sorts and dates incoming mail, identifying time-sensitive documents and notifying attorneys. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely prepared, and, if necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery. Timely log all returned mail into software program and notify responsible attorney.
· Utilizes and is proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Orion. Operates standard office equipment, including personal computer, printers, copiers, typewriter, facsimile, telephone and dictation equipment.
· Prepare client proposals to obtain new business for the firm; monitor and track retainer letters for new clients
· Timely opens, closes and maintains all case and general files according to written procedure.
· Responsible for maintaining all private process service information for court pleadings and managing case information with service providers.
· Assist with attorney organization by timely maintaining filing and Chron records.
· Receives clients and visitors. Schedules and prepares conference room. Maintains good public relations with clients.
· Assists attorneys in registering for and reporting all required mandatory Continuing Legal Education credits for each MCLE year.
· Assists attorneys with marketing activities: maintains attorney marketing and seminar folders; coordinates registration for networking functions; assists in planning and coordinating marketing activities; prepares Power point presentations.
· Performs paralegal duties as requested and bills time according to policy and client billing guidelines, including proper task codes when needed.
· Provide coverage for additional attorneys should the need arise.
· Provide receptionist coverage from time to time as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Rees Broome, PC
1900 Gallows RoadTysons Corner, VA
Get fresh Legal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.