- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WE BLEED BLUE
At MCT Companies, we like to say we bleed blue. Bleeding Blue is a dedication and commitment to our co-workers, customers, and our core values. Our core values define who we are. They are the underlying framework for our decisions, interactions, and relationships.
We strive for camaraderie because we are team players, a can-do attitude because we are problem solvers and doers, doing right by our word because we believe in honesty, excellence because we believe that expertise and quality is the key to success, and most importantly, fun because we cherish the life-long friendships and bonds made at MCT! We are looking for motivated individuals to join our growing family business!
Installs and performs minor repairs and services on Transport Refrigeration Units and Auxiliary Powered Units in trucks and/or trailers. Conducts equipment inspections and performs diagnostic tests to determine unit readiness and/or deficiencies. Performs installs, repairs, adjustments and replacement of refrigeration components, such as compressors, engines, coils, and electrical systems. Enhances service department and organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing work that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, hook-up and test run Carrier (and TK) units w/ the exception of multi-piece or 2 temp units.
- Performs minor services and repairs on all Carrier and TK units.
- Complete Carrier (Mod 1) 2-week training course
- Determines unit condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests to identify worn and/or damaged parts.
- Conducts repairs and maintains unit records by annotating services received.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance schedules, installing component and parts upgrades, and controlling corrosion.
- Complete company paperwork, computer software input, time and parts recordkeeping and warranty procedures.
- Understand and use Standard Repair Times (SRT) published by company.
- Remove/Install basic refrigeration components with limited supervision.
- Verifies unit performance by conducting system tests, troubleshooting and downloads.
- Completes Repair Orders (RO’s) and enters data at the time of repair.
- Keeps shop equipment working by following operational instructions and adheres to OSHA standards.
- Participates in training and educational opportunities provided by the company: reads technical and regulation publications to increase job knowledge and demonstrates competencies.
- Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning and washing units. Keeps shop area organized and workspace free of clutter.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and is compliant with Safety procedures.
- Demonstrates comprehension of basic Alternating Current Electrical power.
- Obtains EPA certification for handling all refrigerants.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other team members and learn from experienced Technicians.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned by management.
- Able to produce a solder joint with sliver 95/5, sil-fos and phoson solders.
- 1-2 years of mechanical experience on Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU’s), Auxiliary Powered Units (APU’s) and trailer equipment preferred.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of refrigeration systems, materials, methods and tools to perform, prioritize and complete work.
- Utilize critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, and exercises good judgment when completing tasks in an efficient, correct and productive manner.
- Coordinate tools, resources and equipment to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening skills, oral/written comprehension and commitment to perform quality service.
- Basic computer and data entry skills for Windows based software programs e.g. Karmak Fusion software a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft office suite: Outlook, Word helpful.
- Working knowledge regarding test equipment and Carrier software in relation to Carrier Transicold.
- Possess and maintain a valid and current driver’s license
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Health + Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Union Pension
- Fun and Rewarding Work Environment
Reefer Systems, Inc.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Apprentice Process Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.