Middle Mile Truck Driver (Non-CDL)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: NY METRO
26 Ft Box Truck Drivers
Who You ll Work For
REEF s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You ll Do
The Truck Driver will arrive to a fast paced and high energy location. The Truck Driver needs to be ready to use an electronic device to perform safety checklists, enter time, and perform work tasks. The Driver needs to keep safety in mind always and promptly report any concerns. While being a part of a team you will be asked to drive a 26-foot reefer truck. You will drive to a parking lot to lead and assist in the cross-dock process. You will ensure that the standard process is adhered to and give feedback to others when it is not. You are responsible for making sure the site is clean, safe and secure and reflects the Reef brand in our neighborhood. You will communicate arrivals, departure and cross-doc process details.
Speedy Mobility at its Best
- Maintain order freshness by following strict hygiene and food safety guidelines and working within tight deadlines.
- Picking up and delivering various packages to specified locations as per the delivery instructions provided by the customer or Field Process Leader.
- Ensure a safe, high quality and efficient process is performed to protect the freshness and quality of the product.
- While you will infrequently be asked to perform deliveries, you should be a process expert able to answer any questions from the team regarding the delivery process.
Foster Customer Service, Success, & Standards
- Ensure professionalism and courtesy when interfacing with your team and customers while maintaining the notable CDC-regulated 6-feet rule to complete the order delivery process.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational policies and procedures while maintaining healthy, safety, and hygiene standards and regulations.
- Provide feedback to the team and your manager when you see opportunities to improve.
What We Want From You:
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver s License
- At least 2 years experience driving a 26ft truck/van or larger vehicle
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles (stick shift) a plus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to give feedback to others in a respectful and effective manner
- Previous delivery vehicle experience
- Strong safety mindset
- A disciplined approach with high attention to detail, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to work under strict timelines and un-supervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the city a plus, but not required.
What We ll Provide
(Full-Time Employee Only)
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally move around the property by walking for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as cash register, calculator, copier/printer.
- Will remain in seated/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Operate vehicles requiring normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
- Work is performed in outdoor environments.
- Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather.
- Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
AddressNew York, NY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Reef Technology
Get fresh Box Truck Delivery Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.