340B Pharmacist Specialist (40 hours per week) #2947B
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our team and be part of the exceptional pharmacy talent that makes RAMC a great place to work.
The 340B Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing ongoing program support including integrity, optimization, implementation and maintenance of the RAMC 340B program. Under the guidance of the 340B Lead Pharmacist, the incumbent shall participate in policy and procedure development, education to internal and external stakeholders, regulatory compliance, registration/recertification, internal and external audits, contract management, enhancement and optimization projects.
The incumbent shall be a 340B subject matter expert. They will be expected to become Apexus 340B ACE certified and shall be expected to provide program oversight, growth, compliance and management. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week. Shifts scheduled between 0700-1900, Monday-Friday, Weekends 0800-1700. Hours may vary based on operational need of the department.
RAMC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Relevant work experience will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as internal and external subject matter expert for all 340B and Medicare B related matters.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are developed, implemented and followed according to organizational, state and federal regulations.
- Perform internal routine monthly auditing of mixed, entity-owned retail, and contract pharmacies and report areas of concern to 340B Lead Pharmacist accordingly
- Maintain RAMC Patient Assistance Program including patient eligibility, drug formulary, education and provider updates
- Support the oversight and management of contract pharmacy arrangements
- Support, organize, and communicate all 340B audits including but not limited to Medicaid claims, qualified patients, drugs, providers and locations
- Monitors and assesses 340B guidance and/or rule changes. Attends regular 340B trainings, and shares learnings and hot topics with staff
- Using Excel or a comparable data management program, filter out non-eligible transactions, including, but not limited to, drugs used to treat patients during inpatient care, Medicaid patients, drugs provided free by manufacturers, those provided at non-eligible locations, or prescriptions written by non-eligible providers
- Evaluate patient eligibility for qualified and non-qualified patients in mixed-use areas and clinics by reviewing patient medical records, insurance plans, and hospital status
- Through financial analysis, strive to recognize the value opportunity of the 340B program, and develop an annual report
- Assess opportunities for cost savings and system improvements to yield higher compliance
- Communicate value of the 340B program via annual report
- Develop reports to educate staff and assist management in tracking the overall financial impact to the organization. Build other reports, as appropriate, to monitor and improve 340B program compliance and performance
- Maintain copies of reports for compliance and audit purposes
- Collaborate with the Pharmacy, Compliance, and 340B Oversight committee to provide data for audit metrics
- Construct appropriate financial metrics to assess areas of improvement
- Procure supplies, equipment, services, and merchandise; request price quotes; facilitate purchasing proposals and contract negotiations
- Manage drug selection, procurement, and inventory control
- Develop a thorough understanding of the split-billing system and the functions to be performed. Educate others involved in the purchasing process to ensure proper operation and compliance
- Develop and foster working relationships with internal working counterparts to facilitate productive exchanges of information to improve program efficiency and promote program compliance. Provide data, information, and reports as needed for other business units within the organization
- Oversee retail pharmacies in obtaining proper documentation for Medicare Part B Billing and compliance. Audit and maintain files according to accreditation standards.
- Teach and train pharmacy teams on Medicare Part B documentation standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management, PowerPoint, and Access is helpful
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to create forecasts are required
- Tact, diplomacy, and ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels of hospital and medical staff
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Apexus 340B ACE certification
Minimum: PharmD degree or equivalent
Preferred: Completion of an ASHP Accredited Residency training program.
Minimum: One year of clinical patient care
Preferred: Three years of institutional, Retail Pharmacy or Community Hospital experience. Data analytics experience.
Licenses & Certifications
Minimum: Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Wisconsin.
Preferred: 340B ACE
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to role
- Ability to interact with and work around people
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to logically organize details
- Comfortable accepting responsibility for medium to large scale projects involving multiple resources and spanning many months from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
- Ability to precept pharmacy residents and students
Preferred: Proficient with MS Office suite (excel), Apexus 340B ACE certification
Reedsburg Area Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Reedsburg Area Medical Center
Get fresh Pharmacist Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.