- Posted: over a month ago
The role of a Pricing Analyst is to understand market trends, analyze data, and manage our internal and external transportation rates. This individual should possess foundational knowledge on market prices for all different modes of over the road transportation. A pricing analyst should be proficient in excel and can generate meaningful metrics for the Director of Procurement to be able to develop an effective pricing strategy.
- Manage multiple geographic markets in North America
- Work with procurement department to identify contracts that need to be sourced to increase our ROI
- Design transportation solutions to increase value delivery to our customers
- Provide innovative ideas on process improvement for the pricing department
- Price loads and lanes to ensure accurate and competitive rates
- Advise inside sales team with regards to rate negotiations to win new business
- Manage data input and output to increase visibility of our network
- Analyze and understand market trends
- Other duties as assigned.
Three plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree (B A./ B.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- 3-5+ years' experience working with Carriers.
- Strong Pricing experience within an 3PL environment.
- Strong Analytical Thinking Skills.
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Results-Driven, Motivated Individual.
- Thrive in fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Familiar with industry pricing tools.
- Ability to write routine reports, letters and documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. ReedTMS will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
BusinessView all jobs at ReedTMS Logistics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?