- Ensure that HR policies and processes are consistently administered company-wide to ensure management and employees are compliance with federal and state laws & regulations.
- Maintain employee handbook and promote annual employee overview of the handbook
- Manages all Accommodations and Leaves of Absence. Guides employees through each process as the situation dictates.
- Responsible for workers compensation administration.
- Acts as HR contact to remote employees on HR related topics.
- Conduct investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
- Collaborates with leadership to create/maintain Job Descriptions and utilize these to develop a departmental strategy
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Support activities related to Benefits open enrollment and administration such as annual, newly eligible and life event enrollments as well as 401k administration.
- Facilitate new hire/onboarding orientation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Support members of Management by providing coaching and conflict resolution to managers, supervisors and employees in matters of employee relations, company policies and general compliance information
- Conducts job description, personnel file, handbook and I-9 audits at least annually for all employees
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- 3-5 years HR experience
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate, and lead.
- Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint .
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computers, copier, and electronic calendars.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a professional manner using tact, courtesy, and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently completing assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in a changing work environment.