About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is a sustainable materials company that was founded in 2017 to develop and deploy new technologies for dramatically increasing the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in global supply chains.
Staff Mechanical Engineer Role
Redwood Materials is seeking entrepreneurial Staff Mechanical Engineer(s) to lead and support our pilot and commercial scale production operations. These individuals will play a leading role in developing our engineering teams, processes, and mindset. Responsibilities will include: (i) leading and supporting technical design and specification of new mechanical processing equipment and manufacturing facilities (including ductwork, piping, and structural building components); (ii) conducting high-level technical troubleshooting of equipment and electromechanical systems; and (iii) developing prototypes, research projects, and experiments for new processes.
The position is a full-time, salaried role located in Carson City, Nevada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- B.S. or advanced degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or a closely related discipline
- 5+ years of progressively challenging mechanical engineering work experience with a leading technology or manufacturing company
- “Hands-on” experience building products or projects in the workshop or lab, and living with your own designs in an operational production environment
- Significant coursework and/or professional experience with gas combustion and chemical processes preferred
- Working knowledge of major mechanical design software packages
- Experience with process automation, programmable control systems, and robotics
- Highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness to contribute at all levels of the organization