Cyber Data Scientist
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for people who share our core values of audacity, excellence, co-creation and servanthood to join our team. We are a tight-knit group of engineers, analysts, and business professionals who have organically built a company that monitors more than 8% of the Internet's public IP space and 40 trillion business communications annually. Over the past year, we've significantly impacted the Fortune 50 and Government sectors, so we're looking to grow rapidly while maintaining our culture and diversity.
As a cyber resilience company, we solve security, continuity, regulatory, and efficiency problems for our customers. You'll help protect the jobs and security of millions of people while working on and advancing novel techniques in computer science. You'll be connected to everything happening; every engineering team member is responsible for our products' quality and directly supports the mission.
As a Cyber Data Scientist at Redjack, you'll be responsible for developing a machine learning and data classification approach to automate the understanding and protection of the world's largest digital enterprises. Your skills as a Data Scientist will translate into customer opportunities through algorithmic, statistical, machine learning, and visualization techniques. You will demonstrate initiative and creativity by proposing ways to address problems, often with large or incomplete data sets, and validate findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
- Engage directly with our customers to help them understand how best to use Redjack's products and data in their environment.
- Participate in proactive account monitoring, spot performance issues, analyze problems, perform testing, and work cross-functionally to develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of methods, processes, and systems to analyze diverse customer data.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and share customer reports.
- Provide consulting and support to your customers and colleagues.
- Champion information sharing by maintaining the internal and external knowledge bases.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or computer science.
- 2-5 years of direct experience working on a team of Software Engineers, Data Engineers, or Data Scientists.
- Reasonable familiarity with reading and modifying shell scripts and simple programs.
- Experience with a compiled language, preferably Rust.
- Ability to read, interpret, and extract useful information from various data sets and error logs.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Practical experience deploying solutions on cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with computer networking and software systems is strongly preferred.
- A foundational understanding of key cybersecurity domains and data sets.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This employer will not sponsor work visas.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?