Sales Operations Associate, Sales Systems
Redis San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
We're looking for a passionate sales operations associate to help implement the infrastructure that powers the alignment between operations and strategy for our revenue teams.
What is our vision of you? Someone who approaches problem-solving with a systems mindset, breaking down scenarios to their base components and deriving solutions from the ground up, through an iterative process. Our company is growing quickly and there are many moving parts, so in order to succeed, you need to have a comprehensive grasp of the business and what makes it tick. This will include directly interfacing with stakeholders from sales, marketing, sales development, technical pre-sales, customer success, alliances and partnerships, sales leadership, and more.
The Sales Systems team is a big part of the Sales Operations team at Redis. We're responsible for the maintenance and development of Salesforce and all connected sales platforms. We operate as a product team, working with a broad set of stakeholders across the organization to understand requirements, establish priorities, design and implement solutions, and iterate.
If rapidly scaling a revenue organization through an IPO - and all the challenges that come with it - is something that motivates you to perform at a peak level of excellence, then this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Work with internal consumers to build solutions that will drive the acquisition of customers at scale through robust sales processes.
- Facilitate successful selection, implementation, adoption, and maintenance of new technologies across the business.
- Conduct scoping of projects with stakeholders to understand business requirements, level of effort, owners and timelines.
- Collaborate with Data Quality and Sales Enablement teams to ensure that our teams have what they need to be successful, day-to-day.
- Assist with bug triaging for all sales systems.
What will you need to have?
- 2-4 years experience in an operations, consulting, or deep technical support function, ideally in SaaS
- Customer-centric attitude with excellent communication skills; able to facilitate discussions with senior leadership
- Experience deploying, scaling, and managing Salesforce, reporting infrastructure and other sales systems
- Advanced Salesforce experience including experience with flow automation, object modeling, data governance controls, system integrations
- Experience writing/testing custom Apex-based solutions
- Competency with Excel and/or Google Sheets (pivot tables, lookup and reference functions, etc.)
Extra great if you have:
- Meaningful experience with Outreach, LeanData, Zuora, Drift, Marketo, or Tableau
- Experience with sales engagement platforms (Outreach)
- Experience with complex lead routing solutions (LeanData)
- Salesforce certifications (e.g. Advanced Admin, Sales Cloud Consultant, or Platform App Builder preferred)
- Experience with Agile Project Management methodologies and/or Jira
- Experience with Business Process mapping and design
- Experience managing data providers (e.g. DiscoverOrg, HG Data, ZoomInfo, etc.)
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
#LI-Remote #LI-EF1 #BI-Remote
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Redis